My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PHO vs PHA

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Exactly!! What you permit, you promote.
I don't see an issue. Everything I have heard about this lodge, from Brethren I admire and respect, is that they are upright and in many ways more strict than we. They obviously haven't sat in lodge together but have had long chats.
They aren't the enemy, they're just different from us, and we can't Work together. I have sent women their way before and will again.

Bloke

Premium Member
Because we don't want to fuss with taking them out of containers, I guess
It still has to be present though, correct? Presence of a charter might be something uniform.... i wonder if it's mentioned in various lists of "landmarks"...

tldubb

Premium Member
In our opening and closing ceremony our warrant/charter is referred to as part of the WM's portion of opening and closing ceremonies.

Our constitution forbids using buildings, or lodge rooms with "clandestine" made mason or any such group.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Elexir

It still has to be present though, correct? Presence of a charter might be something uniform.... i wonder if it's mentioned in various lists of "landmarks"...

Ive not found it on any of the landmarks lists and no its nothing "uniform" becuse not all freemasonic rites and rituals are the same.

Keith C

Here in the GL of PA the warrant must be displayed for the lodge to meet, our warrant is that of the older of the two lodges that merged in 2014 with an addendum attached to the glass of the frame authorizing it to be used in the "new" lodge with a different name but same number that is on the original document. The warrant of the other lodge had to be surrendered to the GL when the merger took place. When we install a new WM the framed warrant is physically transferred from the outgoing WM to the incoming WM, then put back in it's place in front of the WMs station in the East. When our DDGM or the GM visits, the Warrant is symbolically transferred from the possession of the lodge to possession of the GL, then returned after the DDGM or GM is done with their portion of the visitation.

For tax, liability and other reasons, our Lodge Hall is owned and controlled by the Hall Association, and the Lodge pays rent to the Hall Association. The membership of the Hall Association is the same as the membership of the Lodge, but the Association only meets once per year to elect directors and the actual decisions are made by the directors. So the actions of the Hall Association are somewhat independent of the Lodge.

Mindovermatter Ace

Having a charter present while meeting dates back to the stone guild masons. The requirement of the charter being present may or may not be written in the laws of your jurisdiction but nonetheless is an ancient custom in Freemasonry.

If the charter isn't present, you have no authority to work, unless under dispensation.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Utah was AF&AM, now is F&AM. A GSec changed the letterhead
When I first entered this forum almost three years ago I was informed by a member that the term AF&AM did not, and never had, existed. I quickly found out that this is not true.
If the charter isn't present, you have no authority to work, unless under dispensation.
Same here in my jurisdiction.

The Traveling Man

Same in mine.
Interesting sidebar; our lodge meets in one of two lodges in the area, not possessing a building of our own. This means there are always two Charters on display. At the last Stated I was a little surprised when I noticed a third Charter hanging on the wall... seems one of the groups that rent the space forgot something.

bbd595599fafc787a20fd26e73fb45d6.jpg
I used to belong to that Order. The Masonic Roundtable did an interview with the head of the Order last year.

Sent from my SM-G930P using My Freemasonry mobile app