My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does a woman have to come to OES first?

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
Do women have to first go through OES to join the Masonic organization or is she free to chose witch house she wants to join?

mrpierce17

Premium Member
They are the female equivalent of the male Masonic houses Order of Eastern Star Herons of Jericho exc.

mrpierce17

Premium Member
Ok so a woman can join any auxiliary she wishes as long as she has a male relative in the equivalent house in good standing and yes they require a MM or equivalent of that house to be present to open

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Ok so a woman can join any auxiliary she wishes as long as she has a male relative in the equivalent house in good standing and yes they require a MM or equivalent of that house to be present to open
That's really interesting.
I find it very interesting that the PHA-AASR female aux is called the Golden Circle as there was an order in the sourthern states dedicated to the preservation of slavery known as the Knights of the Golden Circle. Its rumored that John Wilkes Booth was a member.

mrpierce17

Premium Member
That's really interesting.
I find it very interesting that the PHA-AASR female aux is called the Golden Circle as there was an order in the sourthern states dedicated to the preservation of slavery known as the Knights of the Golden Circle. Its rumored that John Wilkes Booth was a member.
I seriously doubt that has anything to do with the reasons we chose that name I will do some researching and find out why it is used and report back with my findings

BullDozer Harrell

Do women have to first go through OES to join the Masonic organization or is she free to chose witch house she wants to join?
I can detect a sincere question and know that you're well meaning in your inquiry. However we in the Regular spirit of Freemasonry do not have female memberships in our organization.

Did you mean Masonic affiliation?

In the case of Adoptive Rite and the Order of Eastern Stars etc, there seems to be a fixed line of progression from the basic to the so-called advanced bodies for them that's parallel to our Craft.

They are structured in a way that a woman first has to have membership and good standing in her OES Chapter before she branches outwards to appendant Courts, Guilds, Circles and Oases.

Sent from my SM-N910P using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

BullDozer Harrell

We're mindful that rules differ from one jurisdiction to another, so while at one time it might have been an universal requirement of a woman to be related to a Master Mason, Companion, Sir Knight etc, that's no longer strictly enforced in my jurisdiction.
There are members of the Adoptive Rite & Order in my State's Grand Chapter whom are not related to a Mason in any capacity as wife,sister,mother,daughter or widow.

Sent from my SM-N910P using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app