My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do most want to be Freemason

Ahmed

Hello ,

Was asking my self why most people wanted to join ?

In my opinion I think most seeks wealth and power , as for me personally keep thinking deeply the reason , and got a conclusion that I wanted to be a better person and potential

Please give me more hidden reason witch is cloudy in my mind.

Best regards

Freemason Connect Mobile - is it wrong to ask to be free and limitless ?

TBenson

For me... It was two fold. I wanted to be a better man... Also wanted to be around like minded individuals.

Lodge 28. Painesville Ohio

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
I strive to become a better person that's why I want to become a mason

Sent from my ADR6400L

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
at the time i joined because some old guy said i should. little did i know it would lead to a several year journey that helped me discover myself.

nrsman

For me, I was just intrigued with the fraternity and wanted to learn more about it. Problem was, that everything you read online or see on tv is different or claims that masonry is satanic. Having a good friend who was a senior warden at our local lodge. I figured the only way to find the truth was to petition. I did just that and have enjoyed every minute of it. Even though I am still young in my journey

Freemason Connect Mobile

SeattleMason0613

I can't explain it I was just drawn to it, of course the becoming a better man, the brotherly bond are all wonderful things and I greatly appreciate it but something idk drew me to it

Freemason Connect Mobile

dtip

Can someone share with me how to find a good lodge in my area?

Freemason Connect Mobile

stevens43

I join to make me a Better Man and help serve my community. To improve myself and self control and understand this meaning of brotherly love.

Freemason Connect HD

Jericho2013

Premium Member
I too joined to be a better man and make good friendships. It has made every aspect of my life better too. The relationship with my wife, family and work have all improved. They saw a difference in me. My grandfather was also a mason and a shriner and since he has passed I am the only mason in the family now.

Roy Vance

Certified
Premium Member
My reasons for becoming a Freemason were twofold; 1) I had a younger brother who was/is a Master Mason and two cousins who were (they have since passed) Masons in New Mexico. 2) I was drawn by the intrigue of the secrecy and the mystery of the rituals. After I petitioned, I found out that I could become a better person just by following the tenets of Freemasonry. WOW, what a cool idea. Become a better person just by following someone's ideas and examples. Now where have I heard that before. Except, there is a difference in Freemasonry and Religion, in Freemasonry, nobody preaches to you about how you should live and in Religion, there are no juicy tidbits of knowledge held out for you to go running after.:50:

FSUJAG

My son was a MM. I have always be intrigued with the secrecy but when he told me they have live morals, I was convinced to follow through. My son traveled from out of state for my EA FC and he was the one to raise me. The thing that a lodge would let someone from out of state and very close to me made the experience so much more special. Now I am totally involved and loving every minute of it. It is the true meaning of brotherhood.

Freemason Connect HD

Bro M. Perry

People that join for selfish/wrong reasons never tend to stay around the lodge long. and that's ok. I much rather have 2 or 3 serious candidates/brothers then 10 guys that go through the degrees expecting favors or just to wear a ring. The ring means nothing if the person wearing it does not understand what the symbol represents/means.

Bro. Michael Perry
SD Coastside Lodge No. 762

Freemason Connect HD

WEST TX MASON

Curiosity.. Saw something on tv started to research...while at work googling stuff a coworker and really good friend walked up behind me and asked me why I was reading about Freemasons ... Found out he was a mason bugged him for weeks then finally decided to take the first steps and I have not looked back since..become a better person wasn't on the list I wasn't a bad person but I have definitely made improvements which have made my life even better...

WEST TEXAS MASONS HD