My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traditional Observance Lodge in Houston, TX

JJones

Cemab4y, Im in the GLofNY our Grand Master likes the concept of TO Lodges and would like to see more in our State. Right now a group of about 15 of my Brothers for all over our District are working on starting a TO Lodge. We need every Lodge in our District to approve of the a new Lodge forming, right there is a lot of support from young Masons and a lot of push back from the older ones.

Your GL is encouraging TO's? That sounds...amazing. :)

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Voting on wednesday to approve the addendum to our bylaws to make out lodge(cerrilos #19 GLoNM) the first TO in New mexicos history
I am anxiously awaiting the outcome of that vote. While I am no longer a member of Cerrillos 19, I am highly invested in the process that got them here.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Thanks. 19 is and will always be near and dear to my heart. It was a real joy to sit with them again last month, and especially to be there when Bro. Michael F. returned his MM proficiency.

Christopher Thompson

I am currently the WM of Ralph K. Howell #1259 in Houston Texas which is TO Lodge. I welcome and encourage anyone to come and visit this unique style of lodge

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I am currently the WM of Ralph K. Howell #1259 in Houston Texas which is TO Lodge. I welcome and encourage anyone to come and visit this unique style of lodge
1658500534634.png

Winter

Premium Member
I recommend creating a new post in the appropriate forum Brother to tell us about yourself and your Lodge instead of on a 7 year old dead thread. Welcome to the forum.

Bloke

Premium Member
You know it's a necropost ... but I kinda like keeping this thread alive. TO lodges evolve and I enjoy reading the history.
I get some of the original posters may not be around.. but still..

Interestingly one of the lodges used as a model here in Victoria for this is actually in trouble and not able to attract members.. but that said, may of the characteristics of TO lodges are standard to all lodges here..

MarkR

Premium Member
Personally, I don't see why anyone cares if someone posts in an old thread. It's better than no activity at all, which has happened to a lot of message boards in the era of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

Winter

Premium Member
Personally, I don't see why anyone cares if someone posts in an old thread. It's better than no activity at all, which has happened to a lot of message boards in the era of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
It's been discussed at length why many people are against it. And a Google search will return a lot of debate on the subject with the overwhelmingly majority falling in the camp that the practice has no place on discussion boards. Most internet forums outright ban necroposts in their rules. Most people do it accidentally. They're new to the forum and want to participate and don't look at the dates. Personally, I dislike reviving dead threads because in order to participate I would need to go back and reread the entire discussion, usually by people who are no longer active members here and will not respond if the discussion is revived anyway. Threads have a life span. When they are dead, let them die. If you really like the topic from a thread from 7 years ago, start a new discussion and if it has any interest will attract posters. But while some people dislike them, our forum doesn't have a position on them, so it's all just personal views.