My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swedish Rite

SimonM

Congratulations on getting your first degree BroNasimi!

I must say this is probably unique, I assume that the worshipful master (OM) was informed of this?
This is a wonderful rite and I really love it, but I feel compelled to give you a warning. This system assumes that the candidate not only accept the teachings of Jesus Christ, but also to be a christian and believe him to be divine. As you progress through the degrees you will see a greater emphasis on Jesus, not just as a prophet but the son of God and be immersed in purely christian symbolism. To understand the message in several of the degrees you will have to be comfortable with that, and on some level identify with the christian viewpoint.

If you feel that this might be a problem for you, I'd advice you to take the first three degrees and then perhaps find another system rather than progress through a system that might pull in another direction than you religion. If you have any questions on this, feel free to send me a PM.

Fraternaly

BroNasimi

Congratulations on getting your first degree BroNasimi!

I must say this is probably unique, I assume that the worshipful master (OM) was informed of this?
This is a wonderful rite and I really love it, but I feel compelled to give you a warning. This system assumes that the candidate not only accept the teachings of Jesus Christ, but also to be a christian and believe him to be divine. As you progress through the degrees you will see a greater emphasis on Jesus, not just as a prophet but the son of God and be immersed in purely christian symbolism. To understand the message in several of the degrees you will have to be comfortable with that, and on some level identify with the christian viewpoint.

If you feel that this might be a problem for you, I'd advice you to take the first three degrees and then perhaps find another system rather than progress through a system that might pull in another direction than you religion. If you have any questions on this, feel free to send me a PM.

Fraternaly
Thank you for the warm words!

Sure they all knew that, and the issue was specially discussed in the Lodge and above before voting on me. During the initiation question "What is your religion? " was answered "I am a Muslim", but the Holy Bible was used for the ceremony.

As for Jesus being Son of God or not - I have become a freemason to get out of frames, not inside them. Frames are in mosques and churches, if I needed frames, I would go there, not the Lodge.

Allah is Father to all of us in some respect.

Kalip78

If it's the Swedish Rite it must be Grosse Landesloge der Freimaurer von Deutschland.

Am I right, BroNasimi?

Congratulations in you first regular step into Freemasonry!

S&F
Piotr

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Would a brother that moves to Germany or another Swedish rite area be able to take the 4th_10th degrees? What if they already have the scottsh rite or york rite degrees?

chrmc

Would a brother that moves to Germany or another Swedish rite area be able to take the 4th_10th degrees? What if they already have the scottsh rite or york rite degrees?

Yes. If you fulfill the requirements to normally be accepted by that grand lodge you can certainly affiliate. For instance Denmark requires that you are baptized as a Christian, but each country is different.
If you already had YR or SR degrees, they'd most likely convert them over so you'd come in on either the VI, VII or VII degree etc.

However if it was me I'd try and persuade them to just take me in as a III degree to be honest. The IV/V degree is one of the coolest degrees I've ever seen in masonry, and it would certainly be worth taking.

Kalip78

At the end of January with Brethren from my Lodge we're going to Stockholm to work in Den Nordiska Första St Johannislogen, the oldest Lodge in Scandinavia. I must say I can't wait. Will try to compare 1st. degree Swedish ritual with Polish one here. In general, of course. :)

Frats from Warsaw!

chrmc

At the end of January with Brethren from my Lodge we're going to Stockholm to work in Den Nordiska Första St Johannislogen, the oldest Lodge in Scandinavia. I must say I can't wait. Will try to compare 1st. degree Swedish ritual with Polish one here. In general, of course. :)

Frats from Warsaw!

Wonderful. I hope you'll have a great time. If you guys have the opportunity try and also catch a 3. degree. That one is more different than what you see in Craft Masonry.
If your Royal Arch can get you into a IV-V degree (which I think it can), you have to catch that. It is one of the most unique and interesting experiences you'll ever have in Masonry. Believe SimonM may be from Sweden, so he can perhaps help with a little guidance.

Kalip78

Bro, there is a group of Brethren from Sweden in fraternal relations with my Mother Lodge (including one Bro with Polish origins), so we have very good guidance from them. This is special meeting, anniversary of the Lodge. But you right, someday I would love to see IV-VI degrees as a Royal Arch Mason. :)

S&F from Poland

Last edited:

SimonM

Bro, there is a group of Brethren from Sweden in fraternal relations with my Mother Lodge (including one Bro with Polish origins), so we have very good guidance from them. This is special meeting, anniversary of the Lodge. But you right, someday I would love to see IV-VI degrees as a Royal Arch Mason. :)

S&F from Poland
Good to hear that you have guides that will show you around in the palace and during lodge. If you have any questions before or after you trip, just send me a PM!

SimonM

Not to my knowledge. The closest is the Scottish Rectified Rite.
It is only preformed in northen europe, mainly in scandinavia.
The Scottish Rectified Rite is indeed one of the closest related rites since both drew a lot of inspiration from the Strict Observance(its a bit more to it than that but thats the short version). However, the high degrees in the SweR goes of in another direction than the SRR after awhile, so its not quite the same thing.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Not to my knowledge. The closest is the Scottish Rectified Rite.
It is only preformed in northen europe, mainly in scandinavia.
The Scottish Rectified Rite is indeed one of the closest related rites since both drew a lot of inspiration from the Strict Observance(its a bit more to it than that but thats the short version). However, the high degrees in the SweR goes of in another direction than the SRR after awhile, so its not quite the same thing.
Thank you for the information Brothers.