My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National Supreme Council A.A.S.R.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Ive seen this happen at the orient level but not the SC level. What happened in the orient was the SGC came with the SGIGs of a couple other orients and moved some stuff(people) around removed leadership ect ect, placed the orient under the comtrol of the SC for awhile and now a valley that was about to go dormant is alive and well and prospering. I think if there is a recognised issue at the SC level that the SGIGs and Deputies that arent involved and realise there is a problem can come together, with the help possibly with the help of the conference of Grand masters and get it cleared up with out starting a whole new organization

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

caution22113

In the DMV area, a lot of Fraters are federal employees. Rather than risk their clearances/jobs by having their names come up in a federal investigation, they voted to sever ties with the USC-SJ PHA in TN.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Im a SR Mason and never heard that used, it always been Bro, Honored Bro and Illustrious Bro.

As for the "federal" employees loosing their clearance or job for being a witness for the prosecution in a federal case is hog wash. Being a whistle blower in a pvt group wont cost you ur job or clearance

caution22113

Im a SR Mason and never heard that used, it always been Bro, Honored Bro and Illustrious Bro.

As for the "federal" employees loosing their clearance or job for being a witness for the prosecution in a federal case is hog wash. Being a whistle blower in a pvt group wont cost you ur job or clearance

Believe what you will, the fact still remains that several Orients voted to leave

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member

Frankly, I think it is a little more complicated than that. You are talking about fraud and cover ups here. We probably have no idea what really happened other than a Facebook group created by Slaughter or someone claiming to be Slaughter that has a lot of documents in it.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
there are only 2 legit "supreme" councils for the AASR, the AASR-SJ and the AASR-NMJ. you also have those same councils for the PHA side as well I do believe, If I am wrong please someone correct me,

BullDozer Harrell

No my brother, it's not actually cleared up. But please allow me to explain. They once were all a band of friends, referring to a particular small groups of GMs. GM Slaughter-LA considered GM Vaughn-TN as a mentor of sorts, he even fondly referred to him as "the dean of GMs". It's important to mention that this "small group" were also the top ranking officers of the USC-SJPHA. Well, a few years ago, as a part of a succession plan, discussion began concerning GM Slaughter taking the seat of SGC after SGC Vaughn stepped down since the brother who was #2 was unable to (the reason I forget). In preparation for this transition GM Slaughter (who is a CPA by trade) after hearing rumors amongst the SC, requested an audit of the books for fear that he might inherit a volatile situation. The audit initially found that $1.2 million was unaccounted for, and further investigation raised the total closer to $3 million. Not only feeling betrayed, but also remaining mindful of his duties as a GM he chose to act not only in the best interest of the USC-SJ PHA and it's membership, but also to protect the brothers of his jurisdiction by not exposing our GL to the intense scrutiny that was being felt by the SC from the IRS and the FBI. After the situation was exposed, elections were held, and the brothers involved still opted to keep SGC Vaughn in leadership, GM Slaughter realized the problem went further than SGC Vaughn and the Tech who stole $100,000+ from the USC paypal account. He then removed recognition from the USC-SJ PHA ONLY, and in conjunction with other jurisdictions who felt the same way, decided to start a new USC-SJ (NOT NATIONAL) in Washington D.C. (NOT DETROIT). Then GM Vaughn and the others involved decided to retaliate by removing recognition from LA on the Blue Lodge level, although this issue has nothing to do with the Blue Lodge. The reason they originally gave was, to sum it up, "he was unmasonic because he told on us and brothers don't tell on each other". Well, masonically I must admit that on SOME levels I agree. But I must also add that 1st, I have a little brother and YES brothers DO tell on each other; 2nd what is actually unmasonic is being entrusted with the highest office in a branch of masonry and dishonoring that position by stealing from the brotherhood. The guy who sticks up for the brotherhood and exposes the theft, even at the risk of being ostracized, he is the hero not the villain.

As far as the Virgin Islands thing, what happened with that was the brothers of the islands had everything the masonically needed to start their own GL. They went to FL for their blessing and assistance, because that's who they were under, only to be basically held hostage. The only reasons I've been able to get from anyone who would actually know is it was because the GM of FL wasn't quite ready to lose the islands for whatever reasons ($$ in my opinion). After GM Slaughter received a request to help them (VI) and decided to oblige, the GM of FL decided to jump on the "no LA" bandwagon. I hope I didn't leave anything out.
What you're leaving out of the Virgin Islands controversy is a very central character named A.K. Wilkins.
There was deals made under the table and promises fulfilled at the expense of legality.
These findings of facts were brought to the table and examined by PH Grand Masters at the conference.
After reviewing and debating the information, it was natural that they would declare the MWPHGL of the Virgin Islands an illegally formed Grand Lodge jurisdiction.

Sent from my SM-N910P using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1470350285.203987.jpg

MasonicAdept

Premium Member
The National Supreme Council AASRFM, Inc. actually began in New York.
When Hugo DeBulow came to New York in 1862, he conferred the 33rd on a group Black men who were members of the United Grand Lodge of New York (1848), which is now the MWPHGL of New York.

The name of the Supreme Council then was the Supreme Council of the United States of America. It was established officially in 1864.

Supreme Council merged in 1897-8 with the National Compact to form the National Supreme Council AASRFM under Dorsey Seville, a Suspended Mason from the GL of the District of Columbia. The group operating as the National Compact at this time were themselves clandestine, and gave Dorsey Seville a charter to operate in D.C. under a Grand Lodge called, "Eureka GL".

In 1897, The clandestine group operating as the National Grand Lodge (which dissolved in 1879) decided to add a Supreme Council to that body and tasked Dorsey Seville to coordinate the effort. With the Supreme Council of the USA (New York) struggling, they were invited by Seville to form a new Supreme Council and did so in 1898. Dr. Peter Ray (founding member of the Supreme Council of the USA and third SGC) severed ties with the Supreme Council when he found that, then SGC, A. B. Allen had agreed to merge the Supreme Council with the pseudo-National Compact body, and took all of the documentation with him. But nevertheless the body was formed and called the National Supreme Council.

In 1948, the half of the National Supreme Council that were in allegiance to the old Supreme Council in New York (SC of the USA) severed ties with the National Supreme Council and moved to Detroit, MI under the name of the National Supreme Council AASRFM, Inc.

I have a lot of the old documents from the original Supreme Council of the United State of America, originally formed by Hugo DeBulow in 1864.

Scott A McGregor

When Hugo DeBulow came to New York in 1862, he conferred the 33rd on a group Black men who were members of the United Grand Lodge of New York (1848), which is now the MWPHGL of New York.

The name of the Supreme Council then was the Supreme Council of the United States of America. It was established officially in 1864.

Supreme Council merged in 1897-8 with the National Compact to form the National Supreme Council AASRFM under Dorsey Seville, a Suspended Mason from the GL of the District of Columbia. The group operating as the National Compact at this time were themselves clandestine, and gave Dorsey Seville a charter to operate in D.C. under a Grand Lodge called, "Eureka GL".

In 1897, The clandestine group operating as the National Grand Lodge (which dissolved in 1879) decided to add a Supreme Council to that body and tasked Dorsey Seville to coordinate the effort. With the Supreme Council of the USA (New York) struggling, they were invited by Seville to form a new Supreme Council and did so in 1898. Dr. Peter Ray (founding member of the Supreme Council of the USA and third SGC) severed ties with the Supreme Council when he found that, then SGC, A. B. Allen had agreed to merge the Supreme Council with the pseudo-National Compact body, and took all of the documentation with him. But nevertheless the body was formed and called the National Supreme Council.

In 1948, the half of the National Supreme Council that were in allegiance to the old Supreme Council in New York (SC of the USA) severed ties with the National Supreme Council and moved to Detroit, MI under the name of the National Supreme Council AASRFM, Inc.

I have a lot of the old documents from the original Supreme Council of the United State of America, originally formed by Hugo DeBulow in 1864.

Scott A McGregor

Mindovermatter Ace

Greetings Brethren. I was initiated, passed and raised in a Masonic organization known as the National Supreme Council of A.A.S.R headquartered in Detroit. I was initially petitioning for PHA membership, but it seemed like they were dragging their feet. So I came across some Scottish Rite Brothers that were younger and had a much more voracious appetite than the PHA Brethren so I asked the WM. of the Scottish Rite Lodge to show me their charter to work sand he did, so I thought they were regular.

This Organization doesn't have a Grand Lodge, they claim affiliation with the Supreme Council from France through a brother named Baron Auguste hugo debulow. But after some studying I start to question the legit nature of this organization. I'm seriously considering going over to PHA. Does anybody here known anything about this organization. Is it considered irregular or clandestine

Thank you in advance!

The self-proclaimed National Supreme Council is not the National Supreme Council it claims to be. It claims to have been established by Baron Auguste Hugo de Bulow, in 1864. The Baron was as SGIG of the Supreme Council of France (Grand Orient of France) at Paris, and also representative of the Supreme Council for the United States of America (which claimed Cerneau lineage because this body ceased in 1836). While it is true that the Baron formed a Supreme Council of his own in the United States, it was not lawful nor was it recognized by anyone. A SGIG cannot create a Supreme Council in a territory of another Supreme Council. In the end, his work was rejected by the French and the Americans, and rightfully so because it defied the laws. Baron Auguste Hugo de Bulow's clandestine supreme council merged with a "Compact USC" which formed the National Supreme Council in 1898 with Dorsey Seville (an expelled Prince Hall Mason) as it's first SGC. Almost 75 years later, This body split to form the body you requested membership to. They think that they actually have lineage to the first one but they don't. Freemasonry doesn't sanction a splinter cell.

Mindovermatter Ace

Greetings Brethren. I was initiated, passed and raised in a Masonic organization known as the National Supreme Council of A.A.S.R headquartered in Detroit. I was initially petitioning for PHA membership, but it seemed like they were dragging their feet. So I came across some Scottish Rite Brothers that were younger and had a much more voracious appetite than the PHA Brethren so I asked the WM. of the Scottish Rite Lodge to show me their charter to work sand he did, so I thought they were regular.

This Organization doesn't have a Grand Lodge, they claim affiliation with the Supreme Council from France through a brother named Baron Auguste Hugo Debulow. But after some studying, I start to question the legit nature of this organization. I'm seriously considering going over to PHA. Does anybody here know anything about this organization? Is it considered irregular or clandestine

Thank you in advance!

Freemason Connect HD

The National Supreme Council is only telling the story in part:

The work of Baron Auguste Hugo Debulow in regards to the formation of the National Supreme Council is not recognized by the Supreme Council of France nor the Supreme Council of France for the Grand Orient of France. Under Masonic law, a Supreme Council cannot be formed where one is active. Moreover, there was a dispute about the work in France. As a result, the National Supreme Council is NOT recognized as a legitimate body by any Supreme Council of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite in the world.

Bro. T. Quattlebaum

Note:

"Freemasonry is advancement towards the Light, on all the line of progress, moral, intellectual, and spiritual..." (R.W. Master. April 1861 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Transaction of the Supreme Council (1861), Appendix A, pp.36-47).

It remains amazing to me, how much time we loose due to a our closed-minds, when we are intended to strive towards perfection. There has never been only two Supreme Councils unless, we are discussing a early period of self-identification after the Revolutionary. The impact of the Grand Lodge of England and France should be considered in our thinking. Than, there's the Northern/Southern Jurisdictions... may have a little to do with the Civil War and War of 1812...

"Freemasonry is essentially a philanthropic institution, philosophical, progressive and has for its object to search for Truth..." Even, if we are firm in our beliefs, should we continue to seek enlightenment or do we die... I'm certain we are all familiar with the Scottish Rite Ritual - Monitor & Guide; we know there are two pathways as well as two organizational structure to a single end-state in America. The Fraternity does not still serve the Queen or any Duke ..., I seek the smallest of things such as the Yod, a mere dot and a divine point of energy ... is applied to form all other letters, and since God uses the letter as the building blocks of creation - Yod indicates God's omnipresence! It is a starting point ... so where were you first made and where can you now, be found? We must live Freemasonry as we know it and able to learn it - even mathematics have changed! P.S., I understand the bodies are interconnected, but we must be able to navigate between the Fraternity and the Incorporation both are govern, however, one claims mutual tolerance, respect for other and for itself, and absolute freedom of conscience; and the other by State/Federal Law.

Sincerely and Fraternally,
/s/
Bro. T. Quattlebaum