My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic Podcasts

The Fraternal Gentleman

Premium Member
Greetings Gentlemen, if anyone was curious there are many informational Masonic Podcasts. Below is a List of the ones I'm aware of if anyone was interested:

So far Keepers of the Word is my favorite:

Winter

Premium Member
There a LOT more out there. Two of the ones that I really enjoy are the Whence Came You (WCY) podcast and the Masonic Roundtable podcast. A quick Google search will bring up a long list of options for podcasts about Freemasonry.

vangoedenaam

Premium Member
I always have difficulty calling youtube channels podcasts. There are those that post audio only on youtube, but is not something the platform was meant to do. And its not how people usually consume podcasts. I love podcast while on the road. Many of the ones on the site arent on iTunes which is weird. And there are several on iTunes that arent on youtube. I expect the same to apply to other podcast platforms like stitcher. Just my two cents…

Fraternal greetings!

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Mobile

Reginald/G\

Greetings brothers. Im am Damascus 62 out of South Carolina. Im am a traveling carpenter. It's hard to stay in meetings due to intense traveling. Would the podcast be away for me to stay inform and find more light? Are would it be recommend to find a lodge where ever I travel and greet the brothers this way? I truly miss the meeting of the brothers.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I don’t think podcasts will help you find meetings. There is an app called “Amity” that may.

usar123

Brother ! More Light is a good thing but Visiting other Lodges while on the road is even better !

MarkR

Premium Member
We've had traveling construction workers show up at our lodge. A quick check of their dues cards, a few pertinent questions, the Tyler's Oath, and we were very pleased to have them! (And here, we don't expect anyone to have memorized the Tyler's oath. It's used in a "say after me" fashion.

Winter

Premium Member
I've never visited anywhere that expected the Tyler's Oath to be memorized. Thankfully, since I don't have it memorized!

MarkR

Premium Member
I've never visited anywhere that expected the Tyler's Oath to be memorized. Thankfully, since I don't have it memorized!
Me neither, but from online discussions, I'm under the impression that in some areas you're expected to know it when you visit. I'm afraid I'd get turned away! :D

terrabyte

You mentioned what state you're from, but I am unsure if you're traveling to another state.
One thing I've seen hinted as is this is a great job to have your Secretary do for you. You find out what towns you might visit, and your Secretary talks to their Secretary, and they look forward to having you there.

I agree that in theory Amity would be the best tool to use, but I've noticed not everyone is on it yet.

Another thing I've done is find the state's Grand Lodge annual publication, or even web site, and they list all the active Lodges and their meeting nights. These usually provide phone#/email of the Secretary. And it seems a lot more accurate than a Lodge's own web site. We have Lodges that have been closed for years, but their web sites are still out there.
One frustrating thing I've run into is visiting a Lodge that is closed, because don'tcha know, they're always closed every August. So I find it useful for I or the Secretary to verify in advance.

Last edited:

terrabyte

There a LOT more out there. Two of the ones that I really enjoy are the Whence Came You (WCY) podcast and the Masonic Roundtable podcast. A quick Google search will bring up a long list of options for podcasts about Freemasonry.
Agreed. Those two present useful data every time, in a format geared to get work done.
I'm not the biggest fan of a bunch of guys around a table yakking about the previous lodge night. I probably would if it was my local lodge or buddy yakking.

I have also found certain topics very interesting in: "Rocky Mountain Mason", "Masonic Muscle" and "Freemasonry in 7 minutes or less".

I made a list once, kind of old. Some are hit and miss:

After Lodge Podcast, The
Brother. The Masonic Podcast.
Forth Worth 148
Fraternal Review
Freemasonry in 7 Minutes or Less
Freemasons Podcast, The
Historical Light Masonic Podcast
Illumination - Sunset Lodge
International Brotherhood of Freemasons
Masonic Muscle
Masonic Radio Theatre, The
Masonic Readers Podcast, The
Masonic Roundtable, The
Meet, Act and Part
Online With Light: For Freemasons
Rocky Mountain Mason
Solomon's Staircase Masonic Lodge
Square Talk
The Square & Compass
Three Distinct Knocks
Universal Freemason Podcast
Whence Came You?
Winding Stairs Freemasonry Podcast
Working Tools Podcast, The
Worthy and Well Qualified
X-Oriente

Reginald/G\

I travel where ever there is construction. I just left Columbia Missouri and now about to go to Mikenny Texas. I thank u my brother for the light to help me on my journey as a mason. I was raised four yrs ago and in search on more light as I'm not able to be at my home lodge as I was. I am grateful for you taken the time to share your light with me. IM about knowledge also. Not crazy bout yesterday talk.