My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Irregular Masonic Bodies Operating in Texas

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Really, there is only two things to know;
1 - Can you accept visitors from a Organization into open lodge
2 - Can you visit in the lodge or another Organization.

The nomenclature around the above are secondary..
You're right, this certainly does simplify it.

Joe Ellis

https://UniqueFreemason.com
Premium Member
Your reasons for leaving are unclear. It appears you have joined a "clandestine" co-ed lodge. By definition to regular freemasons, it can be described no other way. Please elaborate on why you left so that we can better understand your reasoning.

As a former ruler inside a UGLE lodge, I decided, after considerable soul searching, that UGLE Freemasonry is at variants with my my religious, moral and principle beliefs in life. That is all I am prepared to reveal at this time. My reasons will become clear inside an international leading Masonic magazine who are covering my transition from UGLE to another Grand Lodge.

"Clandestine?" As May West once stated; 'frankly my dear I don't give a damn'

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
"most" not all...!
Yes, that's what I said. ??
As a former ruler inside a UGLE lodge, I decided, after considerable soul searching, that UGLE Freemasonry is at variants with my my religious, moral and principle beliefs in life. That is all I am prepared to reveal at this time. My reasons will become clear inside an international leading Masonic magazine who are covering my transition from UGLE to another Grand Lodge.

"Clandestine?" As May West once stated; 'frankly my dear I don't give a damn'
1. Ruler. As I remember, you were a Master who felt unable to complete his term. I would not place great emphasis on having been a "ruler."

2. Clearly you do care, as shown by this and your many other posts on the subject.

3. To be clear, I have no problems with people joining unrecognized grand lodges. Regular Freemasonry is not a good fit for everyone. Indeed, not every regular lodge is a good fit for every regular Mason.

Last edited:

Joe Ellis

Premium Member
Yes, that's what I said. I could clarify that most regular GLs consider co-ed GLs clandestine, off limits, and a big No-No.

1. Ruler. As I remember, you were a Master who felt unable to complete his term. I would not place great emphasis on having been a "ruler."

2. Clearly you do care, as shown by this and your many other posts on the subject.

3. To be clear, I have no problems with people joining unrecognized grand lodges. Regular Freemasonry is not a good fit for everyone. Indeed, not every regular lodge is a good fit for every regular Mason.

Dear. Dear Dear....typical UGLE response...!

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I never agreed with them in the past MRichard, but comments like that are generally from those that end with the letters UGLE in their 'sig line'. Live and let live as my late father used to say.
Ahh, but that is one of the problems I see in your posts. You can leave UGLE, but you cannot leave it alone. Thus, the biased attacks against the system, rather than explaining specifically perceive errors in others arguments. Simply saying that one is wrong because one belongs to UGLE is not persuasive.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
I never agreed with them in the past MRichard, but comments like that are generally from those that end with the letters UGLE in their 'sig line'. Live and let live as my late father used to say.

Yeah but that used to be you whether you had those letters in your sig line or not. You were a representative of the UGLE.

Joe Ellis

Premium Member
Ahh, but that is one of the problems I see in your posts. You can leave UGLE, but you cannot leave it alone. Thus, the biased attacks against the system, rather than explaining specifically perceive errors in others arguments. Simply saying that one is wrong because one belongs to UGLE is not persuasive.

Hmmmmm, my mind postively boggles...!

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
On this subject my feeling is "To each his own". If someone wants to belong to a clandestine co-mason lodge I have no problem with it, more power to them. But don't try to tell me that regular Masonry is wrong because it does not admit women. One of the main reasons that I joined was that it is a fraternity. If regular Masonry ever decided that it was going to admit women I would demit.