My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having your light taken

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
The practice speaks of arrogance. Forget the ritual differences and for a moments lets assume magically they all because identical. However, each grand lodge kept its current advancement requirements. Here we would still have an issue. Lets say a brother has never learned a Q&A format of Masonic education. Lets say that same brother is a published Masonic author. Do you really think because you know a question with a predetermined answer that this brother doesn't that you are uniquely qualified to take his property? My thoughts for this example would be our late Brother John J. Robinson. Before he was an EA he had already written one of the most popular Masonic books in modern history.

So while he probably couldn't answer a question the day he was raised in the Q&A situation he could school you on Masonic history and his theory. The same goes for Brother Manly P. Hall. The day he became a MM he may not have known ritually why he became a MM. But I would venture the vast majority of Freemasons today couldn't hold a flame to him regarding esoterics at the end of their Masonic life compared to him before he was initiated.

I see no part relating to Friendship, Morality, and Brotherly Love that fits into "give me your stuff. you don't know what I think you should."

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
The practice speaks of arrogance
Do you really think because you know a question with a predetermined answer that this brother doesn't that you are uniquely qualified to take his property?
I see no part relating to Friendship, Morality, and Brotherly Love that fits into "give me your stuff. you don't know what I think you should."
Absolutely....very well said!

LK600

Premium Member
The practice speaks of arrogance. Forget the ritual differences and for a moments lets assume magically they all because identical. However, each grand lodge kept its current advancement requirements. Here we would still have an issue. Lets say a brother has never learned a Q&A format of Masonic education. Lets say that same brother is a published Masonic author. Do you really think because you know a question with a predetermined answer that this brother doesn't that you are uniquely qualified to take his property? My thoughts for this example would be our late Brother John J. Robinson. Before he was an EA he had already written one of the most popular Masonic books in modern history.

So while he probably couldn't answer a question the day he was raised in the Q&A situation he could school you on Masonic history and his theory. The same goes for Brother Manly P. Hall. The day he became a MM he may not have known ritually why he became a MM. But I would venture the vast majority of Freemasons today couldn't hold a flame to him regarding esoterics at the end of their Masonic life compared to him before he was initiated.

Well said!

LK600

Premium Member
I'd be fine with Brothers testing me, but not taking my things. If I was found lacking, then be my Brother and help me. In my current level, many Brothers know more than me in reference to memorization of Q & A, but I also know a great deal more than some of them concerning other things about the Craft (from years of reading/study). From my point of view... everything I gain in Masonry is priceless... so how do you think things are going to go when someone tries to take something that is priceless to me?

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I'd be fine with Brothers testing me,
I feel the same if it is someone that I know to be a Freemason. However, if someone that I don't know from Adam came up to me on the street and started asking me to reveal lawful Masonic information I'd tell them to take a hike.
From my point of view... everything I gain in Masonry is priceless... so how do you think things are going to go when someone tries to take something that is priceless to me?
Agreed.

acjohnson53

Everyone has some good feed back on this topic, but if I'm approached by someone, i will make it known that this is not the time or place to challenge me on my knowledge of Masonry and ill be off. if they persist to question me then i would report them, because that is unbecoming of a Master Mason. My theory is "To reach one Teach One..."If it so important for you to challenge me teach me how to wear my light...

David612

I think if someone tried to steal from someone be they a brother or not they would end up quite hurt, honestly as long as the person isn’t holding a weapon I know I wouldn’t just hand over my belongings because someone insists.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
if I'm approached by someone, i will make it known that this is not the time or place to challenge me on my knowledge of Masonry and ill be off. i
Exactly!
I think if someone tried to steal from someone be they a brother or not they would end up quite hurt, honestly as long as the person isn’t holding a weapon I know I wouldn’t just hand over my belongings because someone insists.
Yes!
You've obviously not married :)
or divorced lol
Lol!

Daniel Parker

First off as far as MWPHGL of Illinois thats not done. I have also been Healed from an international lodge but we prided ourselves on knowing our ish. As a Master Mason in P.H. it is highly recommended you attend school of instruction and lecture at least once a month. I wish a brother would try it. There are easy ways to shut that line of questioning down (Mine for yours). I'll be off from ya and leave ya wondering. I DO NOT have to play 100 questions with you. I'll mess ya head up and go straight biblical. A BROTHER should be treated better by his brothers. Period. Travel Light Brethren.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
First off as far as MWPHGL of Illinois thats not done. I have also been Healed from an international lodge but we prided ourselves on knowing our ish. As a Master Mason in P.H. it is highly recommended you attend school of instruction and lecture at least once a month. I wish a brother would try it. There are easy ways to shut that line of questioning down (Mine for yours). I'll be off from ya and leave ya wondering. I DO NOT have to play 100 questions with you. I'll mess ya head up and go straight biblical. A BROTHER should be treated better by his brothers. Period. Travel Light Brethren.
That was a two year old post.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Yet, you too responded. The information still stands true. Just as I remarked on a thread from 2 yrs ago..you sir did the same. Travel Light brother.
Umm, no, I responded to a post from today, but I don’t want to do a back and forth in the matter, and will leave it there.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
the failings of this forum are;
A. Randoms wanting to join online.
B. Necroposting
Sometimes you read an old thread via a site or Google search, become passionate, forget where/when you are and reply.

I've done it hear and elsewhere on accident. The reply was on topic. What would you rather have, a repost?