My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wife Accepted.... I'm Still Debating.

Derinique Kendrick

Good Afternoon All,

My wife has petitioned the local OES chapter where we reside. Her petition was accepted and her Investigation went well. She should be getting Initiated pretty soon.

As for me, I've been thinking about it, I just can't seen to make up my mind as to whether I should join (the interest is there) or should I let my wife have her own thing as I have my own thing with Masonry. I also don't know much about OES like I do Masonry so that also plays a role in my indecisiveness. I would like to know some of the brothers who are also members of OES's thoughts.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
In oregon OES MMs are called petticoat masons....lol

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I say let her have oes...but get her input. Maybe she wants to go through the ceremonies with u.

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Bloke

Premium Member
I have no idea... but why not just present your problem to her and ask her for her opinion and what she wants...

If she does not want you to join so she can have her own thing but you want to join, just take it on the chin and hold off setting a yearly review :)

Main thing is you get your lodge nights and she is happy

Derinique Kendrick

I have no idea... but why not just present your problem to her and ask her for her opinion and what she wants...

If she does not want you to join so she can have her own thing but you want to join, just take it on the chin and hold off setting a yearly review :)

Main thing is you get your lodge nights and she is happy
Its not necessarily a "Problem" and not so much as me being overly eager either, the curiosity is just there for the most part. I'd love to let her have own thing if that's what she truly wants, especially if all it turns out to be is just another meeting to go to

Levelhead

Premium Member
I see it as "something masonic you and your wife can go through TOGETHER".

Me and my wife went through and i dont go unless i have nothing to do or theres an event like installation.

My wife is the marshall of our chapter.

Its her thing. I go if she wants me to.

It really gives the wife a sense of masonic purpose.

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom

dfreybur

Premium Member
Let her? I don't get it.

Ask her if she will let you petition. That's the direction that makes more sense to me when it comes to the Boss Lady.

R

Roscoe Urson

Eastern Star wasn't started like the Betty Ford clinic. It wasn't just to make them happy and keep them quiet. OES makes women Masons too, I believe. If nobody else thinks so, it doesn't matter. The facts are there. If you go for nothing else, go to see one more ritual and meet some new people while receiving the Order itself and the degrees therein. I wanted to experience something new. The OES chapter we belong to is an hour and a half away so we don't go much at all. The thing I don't really care for is the difference between real Eastern Star and this prince hall mess. Daughters of ISIS? WTF is that? That sounds unbelievably evil. In our OES, there was no mention at all about some made up egyptian goddess. Maybe neither one of you should go lest you target yourself for the wrath of God. Do not rouse his jealousy. Pretty much, yeah that's the end of that.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Eastern Star wasn't started like the Betty Ford clinic. It wasn't just to make them happy and keep them quiet. OES makes women Masons too, I believe..
No. It Brings them in to the Masonic family but it does not make them Freemasons.

If nobody else thinks so, it doesn't matter..
You are correct, each mans opinions don't matter when there are facts, and the facts are that the OES sisters have not been through the 3 degrees of Craft freemasonry are there for not Freemasons.

The facts are there. .
What Facts to you allude to?

If you go for nothing else, go to see one more ritual and meet some new people while receiving the Order itself and the degrees therein. I wanted to experience something new. The OES chapter we belong to is an hour and a half away so we don't go much at all. .
This is good advice id say.

The thing I don't really care for is the difference between real Eastern Star and this prince hall mess...
Prince Hall Mess? Sir, I'm not a Prince Hall Mason, But I Have sat in their lodges and they have sat in mine and I can tell you that they are the furthest thing from a mess that you can be.

Daughters of ISIS? WTF is that? That sounds unbelievably evil. In our OES, there was no mention at all about some made up Egyptian goddess..
Daughters of Isis is not the PH OES. It is an OES like extension of the Shrine. PHA have female versions of all appendant bodies. Blue Lodge=OES, AASR=Order of the Golden Circle ,Shrine=Daughters of Isis, Chapter=Heroines of Jericho, Council=Ladies of the Circle of Perfection, Commandery=Heroines of Templar Crusades

Maybe neither one of you should go lest you target yourself for the wrath of God. Do not rouse his jealousy. Pretty much, yeah that's the end of that.
This seems very sectarian. Not all brothers believe in the same God that you do. Take Heed and Govern Yourself accordingly.

Derinique Kendrick

No. It Brings them in to the Masonic family but it does not make them Freemasons.

You are correct, each mans opinions don't matter when there are facts, and the facts are that the OES sisters have not been through the 3 degrees of Craft freemasonry are there for not Freemasons.

What Facts to you allude to?

This is good advice id say.

Prince Hall Mess? Sir, I'm not a Prince Hall Mason, But I Have sat in their lodges and they have sat in mine and I can tell you that they are the furthest thing from a mess that you can be.

Daughters of Isis is not the PH OES. It is an OES like extension of the Shrine. PHA have female versions of all appendant bodies. Blue Lodge=OES, AASR=Order of the Golden Circle ,Shrine=Daughters of Isis, Chapter=Heroines of Jericho, Council=Ladies of the Circle of Perfection, Commandery=Heroines of Templar Crusades

This seems very sectarian. Not all brothers believe in the same God that you do. Take Heed and Govern Yourself accordingly.
Thank you for that, brother...

Bloke

Premium Member
That's great that you actually do that to learn about them and educate others about them instead of being ignorant like some.

Ignorant ? That would be me on this topic. Rips answer could be read in two ways ( putting aside the OES which I know about but focusing on "PHA have female versions of all appendant bodies." are these ladys auxiliaries ( might have an initiation ritual but open, no secrets) or a type of female Masonry (closed meeting with ritual and secrets) running parallel to Regular Masonry?

Derinique Kendrick

Are there not female auxiliaries for the appendant bodies on the mainstream side? @Ripcord22A and @Bloke when I stated ignorant earlier, I was more so talking about the gentleman saying demeanor towards things like using PHA and mess in the same breathe and calling something evil just by reading the name. So I'm guessing I should have said saying things that are uncalled for instead of being ignorant.

Bloke

Premium Member
Are there not female auxiliaries for the appendant bodies on the mainstream side? @Ripcord22A and @Bloke when I stated ignorant earlier, I was more so talking about the gentleman saying demeanor towards things like using PHA and mess in the same breathe and calling something evil just by reading the name. So I'm guessing I should have said saying things that are uncalled for instead of being ignorant.

Understood. But I am Ignorant on some things... "Ladies of the Circle of Perfection" for instance, I've never heard of them. "Order of the Golden Circle" same, I would not associate them with Freemasonry but think of Knights of the Golden Circle; a completely different group. I might be knowledgeable, hell there's masonic bodies who would say I'm Adept; but the body of knowledge I've got is still way smaller than what I have to learn; so may it continue to be so :)

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
The only ladies "auxiliary" I'm aware of on the GL-State side is the Beauceant group (ladies of Knights Templar). My lack of awareness doesn't mean they don't exist, though.