My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your zodiac sign?

Elexir

ISTJ-A and master of cermonies. Considering everything I need to do on lodge nights its a good thing.

ERHansen

So for the two of you who say it fits well with what you do for lodge....here's the kicker: Is there a position or role in the lodge that you might do eventually that will be a struggle given what your strengths/weaknesses are? Do you think knowing that about yourself will make preparing for it easier?

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
@ERHansen For myself I knew early on the the East was not my best place to be. It’s something I could do but there are others far better qualified. I do very well backing up the East, though, with a balance and wisdom that’s been appreciated by new Masters.

Last edited:

Elexir

So for the two of you who say it fits well with what you do for lodge....here's the kicker: Is there a position or role in the lodge that you might do eventually that will be a struggle given what your strengths/weaknesses are? Do you think knowing that about yourself will make preparing for it easier?

Considering that Im not even sure that I will even hold a new office once I leave my current office its pretty much impossible to prepare for another office.

dfreybur

Premium Member

We say Masonry makes good men better. One way we do that is by stretching folks beyond what they thought they could do. The proficiency teaches us we can memorize. Then each chair in the line stretches us more each year. Every time we learn that we CAN do it even though we started out thinking we can't.

Lightlife

Site Benefactor
Premium Member
I'm an INTJ and I wish I had known more about it when I was younger, both before I was in my youth group and after. I always thought there was something wrong with me because of my introversion and also the way that I functioned in groups. And now I acknowledge what my strengths and weaknesses are and try to utilize or minimize them in Masonic group settings.

I tested INTJ for the 10 years I was in law enforcement (we had to take the test every year) but then shifted to INTP when I retired and it had been consistently INTP for the last 20 years. The funny thing is my law enforcement friends said I was 100% INTJ and the friends I've met since retiring say I'm 100% INTP!

Love of Truth

Hello, my sun sign is Cancer, but my birthday is on the cusp of Leo. We "cuspers" are always a little more difficult to place in the correct file folder. Most people just try to "round-file" us!

Bloke

Premium Member
(not surprised I did not answer, but happy too..)
Leo
ENTJ-A

The only reason I know is because they person who made me do Meyer's Briggs, got all excited because I was what they were looking for "the 3 percenter", but I saved it because of the "ruthlessness" - it is true, and something I try to moderate... esp in the Craft, but also in business... but not everyone can detect it in me, but I try to be vigilant in myself for it.. but sometimes, it has its place.