My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What benefits will I gain in life from becoming a

Shahkem

Re: What benefits will I gain in life from becomin

There are no "benefits". The principle reasoning for joining Freemasonry is to use the tools of a mason to construct a better person and in turn permitting you to be a better servant to your community. So the only "benefit" I know of is you using the tools of a master mason to benefit those less fortunate than yourself.

Freemason Connect HD

LittleHunter

There are no "benefits". The principle reasoning for joining Freemasonry is to use the tools of a mason to construct a better person and in turn permitting you to be a better servant to your community. So the only "benefit" I know of is you using the tools of a master mason to benefit those less fortunate than yourself.

Freemason Connect HD

Very well put

Freemason Connect HD

BryanMaloney

Premium Member

I respectfully disagree. There are many benefits to Freemasonry. For example, the heart is softened and the spine is stiffened.

ericmps

Freemason Connect HD

Very well said, brother!

Freemason Connect HD

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member

What benefits will I gain from freemasonry?

Freemason Connect HD
The Degrees offered to you within the Symbolic Lodge shall introduce you to Development Work that, when done, Transforms you from Good to Better. Included this Betterment is a deeper self-knowledge, that of the universe and ultimately The Word as exemplified through your personal Faith. Should you join and choose not to do the Work that the three Degrees Direct you toward, you shall receive only an unfulfilling Substitute of which you might seek Further Light in other Degrees, but shall remain unfulfilled until you actually Do The Work.

jasper7788

There are no monetary benefits to joining freemasonry. Freemasonry is about seeking knowledge and brotherly love. You get from freemasonry what you put in. You can broaden your mind. If you are looking for "benefits" it's the wrong place.

I have refused to sign petitions for friends that asked what benefits they can get.

Bro Jason Moreland

dfreybur

Premium Member

On petitions I have read it asks you to confirm that you come to Masonry with no mercenary motives and with a sincere desire to be of service to your fellow creature. if doing service to your fellow creature does not sound like a benefit to you I suggest you're looking for the wrong organization.

Bro Bryan said it so well I will repeat his statement - For example, the heart is softened and the spine is stiffened.

SMIB

Shahkem

I respectfully disagree. There are many benefits to Freemasonry. For example, the heart is softened and the spine is stiffened.

Bro Bryan, thats why i placed the term benefits in quotations. I am fully aware of the benefits of our Fraternity. Its how we perceive benefits thats needs to be assessed. As a Master Mason, i understand my benefits as it pertains to spiritual development and social relations. But all to often, profanes have this notion that Masons run the world and get away with breaking laws, etc. So when a profane starts knocking at our Lodge door and asking what are the "benefits", I think that it's imperative for him to understand that he's not joining this just to receive, he's joining more so to give. And by giving to to the craft and his community, he will receive his proper wages that one receives once he gets to the top of the winding stairs.

Freemason Connect HD

SeattleMason0613

Everyone will get different benefits from it depends on what you put in, what you want out of it.

Freemason Connect HD

Gibson90kb

You will learn if you follow through. If you only want to join for "benefits" then you don't want to be a part for the right reasons.

Kyle Beemer,
Clown Lizard Graphics -Contact me for custom work.
Pitman 197 F&AM

SeattleMason0613

Benefits could mean anything it just depends on a person I feel learning how to be a better person a benefit. Why would you join if you weren't going to receive a benefit from joining lol you don't just join to be called a mason you do it for a reason. Some of those reasons are good others ignorant

Freemason Connect HD

Steve1mufc

I have been a Mason for a year now. What I find to be beneficial is the opportunity to get involved with more charity work. Improving my confidence with speeches and meeting people from all walks of life generally making good friends. Brothers who have businesses tend to network through masonry which isn't a problem as its done at the golf club and other organisations as well. One of the proudest moments of my life was being initiated into the fraternity last year which is a benefit in its self.

Freemason Connect HD

cemab4y

Premium Member

There are many benefits to Masonic membership. Some are visible and tangible, some are symbolic. For example- Every Master Mason is paid "Master's wages". These wages are symbolic, but nevertheless real. In fact when you join, you are brought to the lodge, because you are seeking the "rights, lights, and benefits" of the lodge. You will obtain friendship, and brotherhood. You will be part of a worldwide organization, with roots reaching back into antiquity. If you travel away from home, and you visit a lodge of Masons in a distant city, you will find a society of brothers, which will welcome you a visitor. You will probably be given a free meal, too.

"The biggest mystery about Masonry, is why more men do not petition"

gbk79

I can say that the benefits I received are only intangible wealth and opportunity to know brothers with an open mind and willing to give you a hand if you need them but at the same time you also must be willing to help others, open your heart to let the light within it and understand the real truth.
If you already ask what are the benefit, then you reasons so too calculating. Maybe you're not ready to enter into the glorious brotherhood. Maybe you've known people who prance to say that they are Freemasons but they are also of traffickers and join the Masonic art with metals and their dirty interests. This is wrong.

lmeeks357

Well said brother, I believe most brothers underestimate their brothers cable tows not knowing the tru length of it. I for one when I started out as an ea knew first hand that it was what u put in it, n I'm comfortable saying I will put in a lot the benefits will definitely be giving to me in ten fold

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freemason Connect HD mobile app