My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tropical Storm/Hurricane Harvey

Phil P

Rain has recently tapered off & it should clear out in the next couple of days. But as y'all can see from the news reports it's a huge mess. I haven't been over by my lodge just to see how the building is holding up yet.

Bloke

Premium Member
Rain has recently tapered off & it should clear out in the next couple of days. But as y'all can see from the news reports it's a huge mess. I haven't been over by my lodge just to see how the building is holding up yet.

I wish you all the best Brother

Phil P

We're finally starting to dry out. Unfortunately my lodge did take a hit & got 2 feet (0.6 meters for our metric folks) of water. The process to clean up has begun

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Sorry about your Lodge, Bro. Phil. We took about 2' of water @ our house. The rain almost got us and the river finished the job.

our house.jpg

Phil P

I think I'm getting to be a pro at this now. Allison was my initiation into tropical storms & then Ike was my first experience with a direct hit hurricane. At least I know what to expect, unlike when I grew up in Northern California and had a few earthquakes

chrmc

For info, your DDGM should have information about how to get access to the funds from Grand Lodge. And the Scottish Rite in Houston should also have an almoners fund up and running here next week that can help out with donations.

Phil P

We had our called meeting today, and let me tell ya our lodge is in pretty bad shape. And yes our DDGM did visit (He's also a good friend of mine from my DeMolay circles) so he's fully informed. We're having to do alot of replacing, and it's going to be quite an undertaking.