My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traveling

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I've seen a couple in Kohls that would definitely be considered "masonically inspired," but the only one I own was printed by a Brother and has a plethora of symbols on it.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1448218758.747662.jpg

This is the one I have, done by Brother JP Gomez of Fraternal Ties.

BullDozer Harrell

So, the purpose really isn't to determine if he is a Mason, just to embarrass him?

Just to toss in: I didn't know challenge questions by the name of the popular book title. Is this a PHA custom?
Definitely not taught in my Grand Lodge. the MWPHGLIL.
Judging from what i know of other PHA jurisdictions, it's not a part of their education system either.

Sent from my SM-N910P using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

BullDozer Harrell

Being from a military back ground, I've had the opportunity to see how both sides conversate. In my own opinion I don't believe in speaking for a organization as a whole. I believe it depends on the brother. Some brothers choose to do it, and some do not.
Brother, i think you were looking for the word, 'converse' rather than 'conversate'.
Also, why didn't you simply inform the forum that the booklet was bought from a bookstore, and does not carry the official stamp of approval from any Regular North American GL?

Sent from my SM-N910P using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

king82

For instance, one of the questions is how old is your grandmother ? That question has been used by masons for years. Growing up around both Prince Hall and mainstream I have heard both use almost the same questions. There is no difference in mainstream masonry and Prince hall masonry. The rituals may be a little different but it's no different than Prince hall or mainstream having different rituals depending on your jurisdictions. I see mainstream masons just as a i see a Prince hall masons, a brother mason. I would run to the aid of a mainstream mason in distress just as fast as I would run to aid of a Prince Hall mason.
I am mainstream mason form a us gl. I've wore my hat out and was asked this very question 2days after being raised. So not only pH uses them and I think its unfair to label them with it. It was a guy in his 70s prolly that asked me also. I didn't take it as a challenge and had a good convo with him. I understand the question u was asking. Ive never used them cause they always use them on me lol. Let's not be so sensitive about it. And I'll be glad when pH is recognized ww. Its coming. Slowly. Old mindsets has costs a few lodges to die of sadly. Diversity is the key and makes u a better mason

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
I am mainstream mason form a us gl. I've wore my hat out and was asked this very question 2days after being raised. So not only pH uses them and I think its unfair to label them with it. It was a guy in his 70s prolly that asked me also. I didn't take it as a challenge and had a good convo with him. I understand the question u was asking. Ive never used them cause they always use them on me lol. Let's not be so sensitive about it. And I'll be glad when pH is recognized ww. Its coming. Slowly. Old mindsets has costs a few lodges to die of sadly. Diversity is the key and makes u a better mason
SMIB brother

dfreybur

Premium Member
Why do Freemasons end their prayers with the phrase “So mote it be ...

Middle English "So mote it be" translates to Modern English "Amen".

English tends to import and adopt words. Ships are sent out on expeditions of exploration, trade, conquest. They come back with cargo holds filled with physical entries like tea, black pepper, vanilla and oral entries like barbecue, Amen. The ships that went to the Slavs came back filled with words that have no vowels so be glad we don't use them much!

In the case of Amen it was adopted from Hebrew into Modern English as a replacement for the older four word expression.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Middle English "So mote it be" translates to Modern English "Amen".

English tends to import and adopt words. Ships are sent out on expeditions of exploration, trade, conquest. They come back with cargo holds filled with physical entries like tea, black pepper, vanilla and oral entries like barbecue, Amen. The ships that went to the Slavs came back filled with words that have no vowels so be glad we don't use them much!

In the case of Amen it was adopted from Hebrew into Modern English as a replacement for the older four word expression.
Excellent info for me as an infant Mason. Thank you Brother.