My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skull symbolism

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Brethren should be well informed as to what they are wearing, no matter if it is a standard ring, Scottish/York Rite ring, Shiner, or another body of which they might become a member. It is essential that we as masons be able to intelligently, precisely, and readily answer questions when posed. IMHO
Agreed.
It would be better to know the culture of your lodge as to what jewelry would be accepted.
True.

BullDozer Harrell

I think it's ok.

Some symbols in the 3rd degree (the Scythe, the Broken Column, the Spade) are similar in representation of something every MM was raised to comtemplate seriously about. Our own mortality. We're just here for a season.

Bloke

Premium Member
I think it's ok.

Some symbols in the 3rd degree (the Scythe, the Broken Column, the Spade) are similar in representation of something every MM was raised to comtemplate seriously about. Our own mortality. We're just here for a season.

"Some symbols in the 3rd degree (the Scythe,... the Spade) are similar in representation of something every MM was raised to contemplate seriously about.."

Not here. They are not symbols in of our Third... but can easily see why other Const. would employ them...

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
"Some symbols in the 3rd degree (the Scythe,... the Spade) are similar in representation of something every MM was raised to contemplate seriously about.."

Not here. They are not symbols in of our Third... but can easily see why other Const. would employ them...
Nor in either of my jurisdictions