My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about joining A.E.A.O.N.M.S

JMenjivar

New to this site and very interesting posts.... I had always thought about crossing the desert sands and being made... but let me manage my gauge and get back to studying... I will reconnect after my boards, Travel Light my Masonic family...

AndreAshlar

The rich history that resulted from blacks being excluded now serves as a huge source of pride for Prince Hall Masons and Shriners. That history would likely be lost if AAONMS and AEAONMS merged. Likewise with the Blue Lodge.

Sent from my SM-N910T using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Last edited:

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
The rich history that resulted from blacks being excluded now serves as a huge source of pride for Prince Hall Masons and Shriners. That history would likely be lost if AAONMS and AEAO merged. Likewise with the Blue Lodge.

Not merge, but have mutual recognition and visitation. We call each other "brother", but yet I can't go to my "brothers" house and my "brothers" can't come to mine.

AndreAshlar

Not merge, but have mutual recognition and visitation. We call each other "brother", but yet I can't go to my "brothers" house and my "brothers" can't come to mine.
I was addressing the existence, at this point, of having separate organizations. Regarding mutual recognition and visitation, there are indeed a few jurisdictions that remain in the stone ages on the issue.

MasonicAdept

Premium Member
AEAONMS...must you also be 32 SR or KT YR, yes?

Freemason Connect Mobile

I know that I am answering this late, but saw this comment (quoted) and decided to speak on it.

This USE to be a requirement for the Prince Hall masons back in the day, prior to the split in 1901. The Shrine (PHA) under Imperial Potentate Isaac Holland renamed the organization Ancient EGYPTIAN Order of Nobles of the Mystic Shrine. Prior to that time, they had the very same name as the so-called mainstream Shrine, Ancient Arabic Order of Nobles of the Mystic Shrine.

Below is inside cover of the Ritual Work of the Shrine in 1893, when it was founded by the infamous John G. Jones.
This is a copy of the first ritual used by Prince Hall Shriners.

upload_2016-9-22_20-12-36.png

MasonicAdept

Premium Member
Page 5 of the 1893 ritual of the Prince Hall Shriners, then called Ancient Arabic Order of Nobles of the Mystic Shrine.

Look at the requirements then to become a Shriner...

upload_2016-9-22_20-15-41.png

MasonicAdept

Premium Member
As you can see, 1901 was the year of the split. There were TWO Shrines in PHA at this time...

The main Temple that spearheaded the REORGANIZATION of the Shrine under IP Isaac Holland was Pyramid Temple in Philadelphia, and from the 1901 roster, they were listed as expelled on the John G. Jones roster...

upload_2016-9-22_20-23-5.png

MasonicAdept

Premium Member
To show you the depth of knowledge packed in these early Shrine proceedings for PHA in 1901, PHA had an Allied Masonic Degree system in place in 1896. This information is found in the Shrine Proceedings of 1901 under John G. Jones.

upload_2016-9-22_20-25-43.png

MasonicAdept

Premium Member
Here are the 1907 Proceeding of the AEONMS, which was renamed by the Imperial Council that is now PHA. The John G. Jones groups continue to use the old name of AAONMS.

Notice that the Proceedings reflect that this was the NINTH ANNUAL SESSION, which would mean that they didn't trace their history and lineage to 1893, and the founding by John G. Jones, but to 1899 and the Convention that reorganized the Shrine.

upload_2016-9-22_20-28-35.png