My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OES & significant others

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
How many brothers encourage their wives to join OES ? How long after you became a MM did you wait before mentioning ? Are you also a member of OES ?

Bro. David F. Hill

David F. Hill
Premium Member
When we meet a candidate, it is one of the things that I mention. Many times it turns out that she has a bloodline connection and could conceivably get in before he does.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
My wife and I were both initiated and involved in Eastern Star within a short few years of my being Raised.

Unfortunatley in our local group is what I would consider to be "old". It would be safe to say that the mean age of the current membership is 60+ years of age, and 95% of those who are active have already been through the East. For my wife and I, we served as Worthy Matron & Patron within 3 years of our joining the group. My wife currently serves our chapter as Secretary, and I as Sentinel.

When I am able to attend the meetings, we enjoy the time that we spend together within th group!