My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic records

GKA

Premium Member
I have an idea which has resulted from personal experience and would like some other opinions.
I recently changed lodges and discovered that my masonic history, as well as records of all of my on line classes had been deleted from my account at Grand Lodge, apparently, Grand Lodge takes no responsibility for maintaining those records, preferring to leave that up to the secretary of the members lodge.
These records cannot be retrieved and now, I have lost all credit for masonic classes in lodge managment as well as personal achievments and coaching experience, this was no accident, it was a deliberate act.
I am considering a proposal to Grand Lodge that the record keeping be maintained by Grand lodge thus ensuring that each members records be preserved.
What are your thoughts on this?

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I have an idea which has resulted from personal experience and would like some other opinions.
I recently changed lodges and discovered that my masonic history, as well as records of all of my on line classes had been deleted from my account at Grand Lodge, apparently, Grand Lodge takes no responsibility for maintaining those records, preferring to leave that up to the secretary of the members lodge.
These records cannot be retrieved and now, I have lost all credit for masonic classes in lodge managment as well as personal achievments and coaching experience, this was no accident, it was a deliberate act.
I am considering a proposal to Grand Lodge that the record keeping be maintained by Grand lodge thus ensuring that each members records be preserved.
What are your thoughts on this?
Not sure of you GL but in both of mine.....only voting members (JW, SW, WM, GL LINE, PGMs and/or all of the aboves PROXIES) may present proposals to GL. My question to you is do you have copies of the completed courses? If not you should have....what if something happens to the server and they lose everything? Having ur own copies ensures you keep credit for everything. Im in the Army and i have whats called an "I LOVE ME BOOK" ive been in 14 yrs and it has copies of everything going all they way back to my original enlistment when inwas 17 yrs old

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

GKA

Premium Member
Yes, I have copies of everything, but the lack of credentials on the GL site makes it impossible for other brothers to evaluate my masonic career, it has cause isolation for me to some extent and pretty much stops me from coaching in any official capacity

Bloke

Premium Member
A Lodge Sec really does need to be able to update records without having permission from GL. Sorry your Sec has done the wrong thing...

GKA

Premium Member
I agree, but there should be some limitation on just what the sec can delete, I have since left that lodge choosing to work on my own masonic career rather than waste time on them.

Bloke

Premium Member
I agree, but there should be some limitation on just what the sec can delete, I have since left that lodge choosing to work on my own masonic career rather than waste time on them.
Sorry Brother :(

Reactions: GKA

BullDozer Harrell

Sorry about your bad experience. But just like Brother Ripcord mentioned, you might not be in a postion to propose something at Annual GL Sessions unless you're one of your Lodge's principal Officers who carry voting power there.

At least that's how it works in my Masonic jurisdiction.

As an alternative, you might be able to speak with your DDGM and explain your situation. If you explain it well enough then he might be able to influence the WM of your former to order the Sec'y to draft a letter attesting to all of your participation & completion of classes.

As it comes to your old Lodge through this way, they'll have a duty to help you keep credit for your accomplishments. Give it a try, wait for the process and i bet you that you'll see how fast the old Lodge remember your track record for the DDGM.

Reactions: GKA