My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Martial Arts

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Agreed. My only challenge with it is that Hapkido & Jujitsu is a younger man's game. When I was 23, I didn't mind black eyes and healed up from most injuries within a few hours. Now I'm well past my fighting prime, thus my subcompact .40

I had a friend who studied muay thai, which was another animal entirely....but then so was he. I was never tough enough for that one, so I left it to the real fighters. ;)
I understand completely. I still work out in Jujitsu and judo but not nearly as hard as when I was younger. One of the good things about Karate is that you can still work out hard no matter how old you get.

gozaxyno

BB in Karate under Wayne Guidry
5 years in Lameco Eskrima under John Daigle
Been training in Xing Yi since Sept 09 with Randy Fuller.
Some Ninpo, AikiJujutsu and BJJ

Myself and some other Eskrima practitioners have a group that meets a couple of times a month to train and spar. We usually train at the yacht club in Port Arthur. There is no charge for training and anyone who is interested is welcome.
Do any of you study a martial art? If so what style?

Im about to start studying martial arts again (I did it years ago). Im either going to take a Shotokan Karate class or a Muay Thai class. Im going to take a lesson with The Shotokan teacher soon to ask him questions.

For me real world self defense has always been the most important part of the martial arts. But the fitness aspect is something I really like as well. I hate going to a gym to just lift weights or do cardio because of how boring that is. But with martial arts one is being active and learning something useful at the same time.
Martial Arts Rancho Bernardo
Also, who are some drummers from the past and present who studied martial arts? How did they feel it benefited their drumming?
Hello.
Do any of you study martial art? If so what style?

I'm about to start studying martial arts again (I did it years ago). I'm either going to take a Shotokan Karate class or a Muay Thai class. I'm going to take a lesson with The Shotokan teacher soon to ask him questions.

For me, real-world self-defense has always been the most important part of martial arts. But the fitness aspect is something I really like as well. I hate going to a gym to just lift weights or do cardio because of how boring that is. But with martial arts, one is being active and learning something useful at the same time.

Also, who are some drummers from the past and present who studied martial arts? How did they feel it benefited their drumming?

Last edited:

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Hello.
Do any of you study martial art? If so what style?

I'm about to start studying martial arts again (I did it years ago). I'm either going to take a Shotokan Karate class or a Muay Thai class. I'm going to take a lesson with The Shotokan teacher soon to ask him questions.

For me, real-world self-defense has always been the most important part of martial arts. But the fitness aspect is something I really like as well. I hate going to a gym to just lift weights or do cardio because of how boring that is. But with martial arts, one is being active and learning something useful at the same time.

8+ YEARS LATER...

1669515184492.png