My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just submitted Petition

Kendrick Brown

Hi All, I just submitted my petition a couple weeks ago. I've spoken with the Junior Warden who asked me a few questions and told me what I'd need to accompany the petition. I did everything he said I should do. My question is... should contact him, or my friend (who gave me the petition), to ask if they need anything else from me or is it just a waiting process at this time. I want them to know that I'm still very interested.

Winter

Premium Member
Congratulations on that first step! Now it's time to play the waiting game. We move slow. Glacially sometimes. lol The typical process after you submit a petition in most areas of the US is that at the next Lodge Meeting, your Petition will be read and they'll assign an investigation committee. That committee will have until the Lodge's next meeting to meet with you for your interview. Then at the meeting after the interview the committee will report their findings. So depending when the Lodge you petitioned meets, and how often, it could be weeks before they even assign the investigation committee. Best advice I can give you now is patience. And feel free to ask any questions here. We're always happy to help a new petitioner! Good luck on your journey and keep us informed of your progress. (and try to avoid spoilers that might ruin the experience)

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor

Kendrick Brown

Update on my petition.
My petition was invalid. One of the brothers who signed it was/is suspended for not paying dues. I've resubmitted everything and looking forward to starting my journey to becoming your brother weeks or months from now. #PatiencePatiencePatience

Bloke

Premium Member
Update on my petition.
My petition was invalid. One of the brothers who signed it was/is suspended for not paying dues. I've resubmitted everything and looking forward to starting my journey to becoming your brother weeks or months from now. #PatiencePatiencePatience
Sorry to read that.... but you have the right idea - keep with it, and patience !

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Update on my petition.
What lodge did you petition? What is its Grand Lodge affiliation?

Last edited:

Bro. R. Mitchell

Update on my petition.
Good luck with it! The snails pace at times will make you feel black ⚫️! If you know you're of good repute, a solid citizen and have nothing in your background preventing membership, it'll happen! Now, to the guy who signed your petition knowing he wasn't square with the lodge, he was wrong!! However, take the experience and be sure that you don't ever disappoint a petitioner in that manner, if and when you become a member!!

Kendrick Brown

Update: I go in for my first Degree in 2 days (Thursday). I'm anxious and nervous at the same time, but I know that a ton of other men have gone through this process and come out for the better. I just wanted to have a record on this sight of my last few days of non-Mason life. LOL Also, to anyone trying to petition a lodge, keep at it and don't be afraid to ask questions about your petition. ~Soon to be Brother