My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiram Key book series

crono782

Premium Member
awesome. there's just something so... eternal about musty old volumes. Too bad they come at a premium these days.
Oh yeah, I've found that there are 2 "editions" of secret teachings. one has a shorter name and looks to be from 2007. the other, a longer name from 1975. ideas? half price books has both under $10 paperback (at least to start. ^_^ )

I'd def like a hardbound at some point, but in time...

widows son

Premium Member
This one has the full title and is about 750 pages. It is a 2003 reprint of the original

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 569

crono782

Premium Member
gotcha. yeah, that one has the full title. the other is missing the "encyclopedia of..." part. it appears there is an illustrated version too? haha

widows son

Premium Member
Not sure. There are a lot of pictures in that copy that I have. There are also versions in which two or three chapter are as one book I believe

crono782

Premium Member
After looking through Amazon, it just looks like several publishers have reprinted the book with various changes to the title, cover, length (probably based on font size), etc. I would imagine they are all pretty similar and there is not really an "authoritative" version.

widows son

Premium Member
Well this one I have is reprinted through the philosophical research society which was a creation of manly p hall.

scialytic

Premium Member
This is a copy of Morals and Dogma from 1963. The pages are faded to a light brown yellow, and it smells like an old library.

Mine's got the same cover and smells the same. It was reprinted in 1928. Signed by some dude and dated 1938 (Note to self: Write something interesting about myself before signing an important book...). Got it for thirty-or-so bucks (steal!). Read the forward and the first chapter...looking forward to the rest ;-)

Tony Uzzell

found a hardback copy of "born in blood" last night at half-price books for $5. worth it?

Definitely worth it. One of the best works of amateur history I've ever read, particularly about the Masonic fraternity. I've read it several times and am currently reading it again. It's particularly interesting as it was written by a non-Mason, at least at the time he wrote it.

I would caution you, however, that, if you're trying to preserve the "surprise factor", then it might ruin some things for you as he includes fairly detailed descriptions of the three Craft Degrees of Freemasonry.

TU

Sent from my iPad while I'm rocking' with Tapatalk.

widows son

Premium Member
In only ask because I am working on a anti Masonic piece to present in lodge. I want to help further educate those who either dismiss AM ( anti masonry) and don't see it as a problem, those who are familiar but only on a few points, or those who haven't heard anything at all about AM although I don't think that's the cases anymore these days. Would you guys who read it say it would this work I'm doing? Also any info that's not in the mainstream about AM that any brother on here has, it would be appreciated if you can forward it to me to help in this work. I also will email it to those who would like to use it in their lodge for the good of the order, as long as credit is given where it's is due. If forwarding info please cite and reference it, as to avoid any kind of infringement problems. Thank you brothers for your support, this is a cause that all masons should be willing to help out

crono782

Premium Member
I would caution you, however, that, if you're trying to preserve the "surprise factor", then it might ruin some things for you as he includes fairly detailed descriptions of the three Craft Degrees of Freemasonry.

Ahh, well then I'll wait on that one. I'd rather not spoil anything. Thanks!

widows son

Premium Member
The best thing you can do is wait till you experience the degrees yourself , don't let someone writing about them ruin it for you. Trust me you want that element of surprise

chrmc

Is there any anti Masonic overtones to it?

Born in blood is not anti masonic at all. It basically spins the tale that masonry came from the Knights Templars. But there is a number of glaring issued with the logic and lack of evidence it puts up though. But a good read none the less if you just don't take it too serious.

widows son

Premium Member
I heard they are bringing the lost symbol to the silver screen. That may bring in some influx of new members. I don't think national treasure was successful