My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to give it a try

jhodgdon

jwhoff said:
Mister Hndrx,

Let me know when I can call you brother. Curious, do you have any experience riding animals? Farm animals? Better bring along an extra pair of undies ... just in case.

Hahaha

Hndrx

Premium Member
I'm going to most likely turn in the first part of my memory work on this Thursday. I'm going a little slower than I planned but I've decided to take my time a little. I've got the first section down very well.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Just stick with it brother. You'll be glad you did. It's always better to learn something along the way than to get anywhere hopelessly lost.

MikeMay

Premium Member
Mister Hndrx,

Let me know when I can call you brother. Curious, do you have any experience riding animals? Farm animals? Better bring along an extra pair of undies ... just in case.

:lol: excuse while I go look for a towel for my monitor again...

Hndrx

Premium Member
I turned in my 1st part of my memory work on Thursday and did well. I'm still working on the second!

Hndrx

Premium Member
I'm going to turn in the 2n and 3rd part of my EA memory work on Thursday night. I wasn't quite ready last week to finish all of it.

If I do well, I think they may be able to pass me to FC in the same night. This is, assuming they can.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Without question you will do well! Hey, that's pretty fast esoteric work there brother. Now remember, you're moving along pretty fast but don't forget to double back and learn the meaning of what you are reciting. Otherwise, all said and done, I will only be able to call you brother. I want to know you as a bright brother.

Just hang on, that one will come to you.

Last edited:

Hndrx

Premium Member
Got the last of the EA turned in. My tutor got sick and couldn't make it. That and my substitute having slightly different answers in mind threw me off a good bit. I did OK overall but did not turn in as good a performance as I could have due to my poor scattered brain.

They did the FC degree for me tonight. I've got to get with my tutor when he gets to feeling better. I'm ready to get going on it.

Last edited:

jwhoff

Premium Member
You know, it never ceases to flabbergast me when a well meaning brother forgets that it's not what he knows, but what the candidate knows that is important. I never stop a brother when filling in for his mentor unless I'm sure he's lost track and needs a little tug to get back on track. Unless a man is going to be an esoteric guru, a word here or there matters not. Sure, it's good to learn the work word for word, but one can go back and clear those rough spots out later.

At any rate, I'm happy to see you still have your eye on the prize. Beware, the next degree is a little easier and you'll learn it fast. But don't shortchange yourself. Go back over it when you're through the esoteric work. The FC teaches much and is critical mass for a true mason. Those who ignore it's teaching are woefully short ... and it shows in later years.

God speed brother.

Hndrx

Premium Member
I think I'll be able to turn in my FC memory work tomorrow if all goes well. It came to me pretty quickly and I've been lucky enough to put a bunch of time into it this week.

jwhoff

Premium Member
WOW ... good work! Still, I don't think you will be able to stand for much more success. Let us know how that comes out.

Hndrx

Premium Member
My brain is currently fried. I'm going to have to take it easier on the next memory work and take a lot longer. I've spent every spare minute trying to work through the questions in my head over and over as best I could remember and bugged my tutor a bunch. I'm lucky that he lives on my way home from work and is retired. Also, most of the work is very similar to what was already learned, so that helps a ton.

Beathard

Premium Member
The masters work, with the exception of the furthermores in the obligation, is slam dunk easy. My last two students learned it in just a few days. You are on the downhill slope.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Beathard is totally right. You are on the downhill slope now. There is even an acronym that was taught to me to remember the "furthermores"...lol For the most part, everyone that I have talked to, the final proficiency was the easiest. Of course, everyone's experience in the travels is different but I am sure that you will do fine. Keep us posted for sure on how you do!

Hndrx

Premium Member
Beathard is totally right. You are on the downhill slope now. There is even an acronym that was taught to me to remember the "furthermores"...lol For the most part, everyone that I have talked to, the final proficiency was the easiest. Of course, everyone's experience in the travels is different but I am sure that you will do fine. Keep us posted for sure on how you do!

Thankfully, my tutor had some acronyms for me to help me with the FC work and it helped in a MAJOR way. I hope it pays off tonight!

Last edited: