My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GLofCA - Recognition clean up - Same agreement everywhere

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
If we disagree, don't take it as me being defensive or arguing back and forth. You made a statement and I addressed it, don't take the disagreement personal.
I don't get EMOTIONAL over social media debates and discussions, so you obviously must have me mixed up with someone else.
I have the right to defend my position, just as you do-Defensive?!
I think not, just voicing my disagreement with you...Don't use "emotional" because I brought it up, use it because it applies...

You're alright with that, right?

Or am I just defensive when we disagree?
Umm, yeah, you do get emotional and no, you are defensive with others.

MasonicAdept

Premium Member
Umm, yeah, you do get emotional and no, you are defensive with others.

LOL, @Glen Cook, are you upset about our disagreement?
Again, don't take it personal and try to piggyback off of someone else's gripe.

It loses merit when you allow someone else to say it for you...Have a good one...You're internet sensitive...

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member

It loses merit when you allow someone else to say it for you...Have a good one...You're internet sensitive...

I think you are missing the point. We were trying to give you some constructive criticism that has not really been well received. It's not even a big issue. Just some observations. Carry on. Looking forward to the next book.

Bloke

Premium Member
I think you are missing the point. We were trying to give you some constructive criticism that has not really been well received. It's not even a big issue. Just some observations. Carry on. Looking forward to the next book.

Double like.

After reading your comment to Bro Cook ( who I've had 1 minor run in with but very much enjoy reading and talking too and look forward to getting to know better) I'll put my suggestion about caps another way. Yes you get emotional, yes you seem to over react a bit.... yes and I actually think you have biases... ( and u did open this box by asking a question about your reaction). but that's part of being human and as i said before your passion shines through - and I'm really enjoying that and your posts... i'm not going to ask you about my faults... it will generate too many posts! Lol !!

I only say one thing keep posting and participating, you all are making great contributions to the board :)

MasonicAdept

Premium Member

Here where I just don't connect with your "constructive criticism", if it really isn't an issue, then why are you continuing to speak on it?
It must be an issue with you.

Now, look what happens, rather than people coming to me like men, and maybe trying to make that statement private, they want to showboat on a public thread, and piggy back off of what someone else has stated. Take @Bloke for instance, now he wants to come with all of that because he sees others saying it...Please, if that is your idea of constructive criticism, save it...Honestly, I will confront you in private before trying to "get off" on a thread.

And all of that because I don't immediately accept your views?

Social media has ruined some of you all...

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
You asked a question in a public forum and received public responses which generally agreed. You followed up with a a public and private msg to bait and insult. It would seem like someone is certainly upset over Internet post, and I get it: You have both money and reputation riding on those books you are selling. I'm just some guy from the sticks pointng out you didn't jump through all the hoops I perceived. My opinions are only that. Your endeavours really don't affect me,nor my comments you. In sum, the likelihood you would ever attempt to visit my little Utah or English lodges is most remote.

So, chill with the invective and try to be a little accepting of others' thoughts

Bloke

Premium Member
You asked a question in a public forum and received public responses which generally agreed. You followed up with a a public and private msg to bait and insult. It would seem like someone is certainly upset over Internet post, and I get it: You have both money and reputation riding on those books you are selling. I'm just some guy from the sticks pointng out you didn't jump through all the hoops I perceived. My opinions are only that. Your endeavours really don't affect me,nor my comments you. In sum, the likelihood you would ever attempt to visit my little Utah or English lodges is most remote.

So, chill with the invective and try to be a little accepting of others' thoughts

asked a question
I've think we've all made our points. No profit or pleasure sustaining this particular discussion.
(Blake, do not lock this thread because all here are grown up). The OP deserves to have it open...

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Here where I just don't connect with your "constructive criticism", if it really isn't an issue, then why are you continuing to speak on it?
It must be an issue with you.

Now, look what happens, rather than people coming to me like men, and maybe trying to make that statement private, they want to showboat on a public thread, and piggy back off of what someone else has stated. Take @Bloke for instance, now he wants to come with all of that because he sees others saying it...Please, if that is your idea of constructive criticism, save it...Honestly, I will confront you in private before trying to "get off" on a thread.

And all of that because I don't immediately accept your views?

Social media has ruined some of you all...
I think you've just proved the points made

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
It's late here in Sunny Portugal. I'm off to bed after a late night of good food and Fado singing.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Ai
This is what generates your level of comfort...
sigh, no it's an indication of how trivial the matter the issue is in our lives. No Venn Diagram to show a mixing of lives, let alone Masonic lives. . It helps place an importance qualifier on the discussion. The dinner discussion between the Fin and Frenchman as to whether life is fantastic likely had more value.

MasonicAdept

Premium Member
Ai

sigh, no it's an indication of how trivial the matter the issue is in our lives. No Venn Diagram to show a mixing of lives, let alone Masonic lives. . It helps place an importance qualifier on the discussion. The dinner discussion between the Fin and Frenchman as to whether life is fantastic likely had more value.

I thought you were gone, in Sunny Portugal?

Still here?

Can't let it go can you @Glen Cook?