My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falsely claiming masonic membership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I asked them to give it to me, and they did. I don't know where or how some of you brothers handle things. But I was raised a certain way, and things were done a certain way. At the end of the day, once I give the profane a full explanation of what he is doing by wearing that ring, they give it to me. Always. Besides, my masonry is not for play. Maybe I joined the wrong site because I sense a lot of sensitivity reading through these forums.
And you've done this in Colorado?

And I assure you, my Masonry is not for play. That is why some of us are bothered by your statements. Yes, there is a sensitivity to what, at first glance, may be bragging of illegal activity by a Mason. We don't play at Freemasonry.

To respond to another statement, no, we don't know who you are. Equally, you don't know who we are. I'd encourage you to hang around a bit and get to know us before you jump in with both feet and imply we play at Masonry, are too sensitive, and are not as experienced as you in the fraternity. It's always good to pause and look around when you are the new kid on the block.

Last edited:

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Besides, the violator always, ALWYAS gave it to me, after I explained why they should not wear it.
O.K., this is a little different and better than taking it by force or threat there of!
And I assure you, my Masonry is not for play. That is why some of us are bothered by your statements. Yes, there is a sensitivity to what, at first glance, may be bragging of illegal activity by a Mason. We don't play at Freemasonry.

To respond to another statement, no, we don't know who you are. Equally, you don't know who we are. I'd encourage you to hang around a bit and get to know us before you jump in with both feet and imply we play at Masonry, are too sensitive, and are not as experienced as you in the fraternity. It's always good to pause and look around when you are the new kid on the block.
Absolutely!

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
but there are MANY places in this country where it would not be wise to wear Masonic regalia and you're NOT a Mason.
I also respect YOUR opinion Brother. However, I wonder how anyone that does not know me could know for sure I am an MM. I wear a Masonic ring but if someone I don't know from Adam came up to me on the street and started asking me to reveal lawful Masonic information (trial) I would absolutely refuse to co- operate. I would tell them that I am, indeed, a MM but if that was not good enough for them, tough.

Last edited:

Keith C

I also respect YOUR opinion Brother. However, I wonder how anyone that does not know me could know for sure I am an MM. I wear a Masonic ring but if someone I don't know from Adam came up to me on the street and started asking me to reveal lawful Masonic information (trial) I would absolutely refuse to co- operate. I would tell them that I am, indeed, a MM but if that was not good enough for them, tough.

I would do the same. The admonition is to not reveal secrets to those who have not been proven to be Masons (from GL recognized by your GL). I never swore nor was I instructed to hunt down cowens and take any masonic items from them, just not to discuss secrets or let them in an open lodge.

I find it audacious that someone, who I have no knowledge of their regularity vis the GL of PA, would demand proof from me or attempt to take my ring or lapel pin. As I would not ever discuss the secrets with someone I just met in public even if I recognized them as the RWGM of PA Masons, why would I feel the need to try them or allow them to try me because of a piece of jewelry?

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I would do the same. The admonition is to not reveal secrets to those who have not been proven to be Masons (from GL recognized by your GL). I never swore nor was I instructed to hunt down cowens and take any masonic items from them, just not to discuss secrets or let them in an open lodge.

I find it audacious that someone, who I have no knowledge of their regularity vis the GL of PA, would demand proof from me or attempt to take my ring or lapel pin. As I would not ever discuss the secrets with someone I just met in public even if I recognized them as the RWGM of PA Masons, why would I feel the need to try them or allow them to try me because of a piece of jewelry?
Absolutely agree 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.