My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Communication Between Grand Lodges

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
It is my understanding that if you wish to contact another Grand Lodge that you need to send it through the Grand Secretary. The question I have (here in Texas) is do you send it directly to the Grand Secretary, or do you need to include you DDGM?

S&F,
-Bro Vick

chrmc

As far as I understand you have to go the long way, meaning through your lodge secretary, to the GL secretary who then relays it over to the other jurisdiction.
I'm sure it's a leftover form when it was harder to figure out who was clandestine and who was regular, but this process to me is definitely something that could use an overhaul.

Mac

Premium Member
As far as I understand you have to go the long way, meaning through your lodge secretary, to the GL secretary who then relays it over to the other jurisdiction.
I'm sure it's a leftover form when it was harder to figure out who was clandestine and who was regular, but this process to me is definitely something that could use an overhaul.
Agreed. Very much so.