My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christ is Risen!

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
1) The "pope" is irrelevant, since the "pope" never led my Church.
2) The "pope" is merely the errant Bishop of Rome. ...
I was born and raised a Roman Catholic. I would say that the Pope is not irrelevant, especially to those faithful peoples who use his guidance in their churches, even if he never lead your church. Would you want to have others use the same language that you use herein to describe your spiritual leader?
...When it comes to my Church, the "pope" is irrelevant. Do you consider Oral Roberts to be relevant to the doctrines of the "Roman" Catholic Communion?
Bryan,

Once again, the study of the Trivium would assist here. Your original statement was that the Pope was irrelevant. This is a false statement. To justify your statement, you changed your argument to include his relevance to your church. This change does not negate the disrespect you showed in your second statement: The "pope" is merely the errant Bishop of Rome. To further muddy the water, you made effort to redirect my focus toward nothing to do with your original statment and veil it as relevant. Your question makes no sense to me other than you trying to out run your accountability for your disrespect for a fellow man who worked hard to obtain the position he now holds.

You know, of course, that your attitudes and opinions reflect who you are inside - your core. Do you think that you are the right kind of man to petition and be accepted by an organization whose principles are that of Brotherly Love, Relief and Truth? Especially when you will at times be sharing the Lodge with men whose Faith is clearly not yours? Such men, and those they surround themselves with, will hold you to a higher standard than that of the one which you currently hold yourself to now. If you are fortunate, and they accept you; be prepared for what is to come.

BTW - One such example of accountability is responding straightforwardly and not avoiding questions posed. Would you want to have others use the same language that you use herein to describe your spiritual leader?

Can you do the right thing here?

Coach N

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
I can love someone and still consider him wrong. Sweeping differences under the rug in the name of whatever brand of "nice" one wishes to adopt doesn't foster brotherhood. It fosters denial. As for the status of the "pope"--he is the errant Bishop of Rome and not the leader of the united Church--or are you going to accept that the Ecumenical Patriarch is the proper chief of the united Church, under whom the Pope of Rome ranks second? That is what my Church teaches. Now, does the Roman Catholic Church teach that Oral Roberts would have normative dogmatic authority?

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
I apologize for what I have written in this thread. I have indulged in prelest. I have no excuse. Let my previous posts stand as an example of my error and sin.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I can love someone and still consider him wrong.
Is he wrong or is what he is involved in viewed as wrong because of what you personally value and believe is right for you? The former condemns him; the later judges his involvement as wrong.
Sweeping differences under the rug in the name of whatever brand of "nice" one wishes to adopt doesn't foster brotherhood.
I whole heartedly agree. Honoring and respecting differences while not participating or changing ourselves does indeed foster brotherhood, does it not?
It fosters denial. As for the status of the "pope"--he is the errant Bishop of Rome and not the leader of the united Church--or are you going to accept that the Ecumenical Patriarch is the proper chief of the united Church, under whom the Pope of Rome ranks second?
My involvement is not an either-or. What you speak of is religio-political and has no affect on my spiritual practices. I have my chosen faith and part of that faith is to respect the choice of others to practice their faith as they will as long as they are respectful toward others. When they are not, I offer my observations to all that may listen.
That is what my Church teaches. Now, does the Roman Catholic Church teach that Oral Roberts would have normative dogmatic authority?
I truly don't know since I do not involve my life and thoughts toward these things.
I apologize for what I have written in this thread. I have indulged in prelest. I have no excuse. Let my previous posts stand as an example of my error and sin.
I thank you for offering your apology and I shall accept it in the spirit that you offer it. I have responded to your previous post because I believe that, even in the spirit that you offered it, it does deserve a Brotherly response. I trust that you are seeing things that you did not see prior to our discourse and I thank you for taking the time to consider what I have shared.

Coach N

Mayweather1

Brothers..... Why are we so intolerant to the views of other Brethren, who's views and belief systems may differ slightly to ours. I believe in free speech so long as it remains clean and respectful. And so I am slightly disappointed with a sacred book being ascribed to a demon. Not right.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
I see, it is wrong to suggest something ill about the Koran and 100% right to flat-out claim that the Resurrection is a massive fraud. After all, you saw nothing at all wrong with that claim.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I see, it is wrong to suggest something ill about the Koran and 100% right to flat-out claim that the Resurrection is a massive fraud. After all, you saw nothing at all wrong with that claim.
You are employing a dualistic view once more. With a small effort to examine the evidence you would come to find that the person responsible for posting those thoughts is no longer part of this forum. Using logic, what does that suggest to you as to the wrongness of such a post and how such activites and persons are handled on this forum?

As a Mason, I want to be aware of what is wrong without taking disrespectful actions toward anyone. I have learned that I can indeed rightfully defend what I believe is right without taking offending actions toward others.

promason

May I precise that I distinguish myself from obscurantist and extremist and fanatic islamic folks?I deeply respect and venerate Christianity and Christ and deeply believe in Holy Spirit and mysteries.And I revere divine King Solomon as divine bridge to ancient wisdom and knowledge of Almighty God,Great Architect of the universe,Great Architect who I humbly venerate and pray

promason

I deeply believe that through Solomonic wisdom and spirituality one elevates to the highest degree of divine knowledge and apeased beatitude

Brother Jason Eddy

Brothers..... Why are we so intolerant to the views of other Brethren, who's views and belief systems may differ slightly to ours. I believe in free speech so long as it remains clean and respectful. And so I am slightly disappointed with a sacred book being ascribed to a demon. Not right.

I agree that there may be a bit of a double-standard here. While Brother Maloney has apologized for his remark, it would seem that the banned Brother was not given the opportunity. Am I missing something?

ernestchapman

Can someone repost the banned comments so we can see what all the reaction is based on? It's very annoying to not be able to even see it.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
As Bahai community,I spiritually deeply feel Christian and Jew

My Step-Mother is Bahá’í, but my father and "our" side of the family are Christian. A few years ago we all made a pilgrimage to Israel; my father and I enjoyed the Christian sites but eventually met up with my Step Mother and her daughter at Mount Carmel. What a beautiful site to behold, especially the Shrine of the Báb.

Brother Jason Eddy

I personally removed the comments and banned the user. The comments posted from the aforementioned user account were not only ignorant, but inflammatory and violated our Forums Rules and Guidelines.

Brother Blake,

This is your forum and you are ultimately able to do whatever you deem appropriate, however, it would seem to me that calling the banned poster a liar, claiming that his VSL was written by a demon and then claiming the Pope to be irrelevant would be equally ignorant, inflammatory and in violation of the rules and guidelines. This will be my last post on the matter, but based on what we can now see, it would appear to be a clear double standard. The universality of Masonry should allow Brothers of all faiths to have open discussion on such topics. What is left of this thread would suggest that this is not the case on this forum. I am saddened to see it play out in such a manner.

In Brotherhood,

Jason