My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brotherly Advice

bro.whitec

December 20th, 2014 I was raised by the sublime to my 3Rd degree, is there any advice your brothers can give me in regards to my need travels and journey ahead of me?

dfreybur

Premium Member
Welcome again, and again, to the family thrice adopted brother.

The third is the end of the degrees and also the beginning of your new more spiritual life. Not the same as other types of symbolic rebirth but at the same time similar in pattern. During your degrees you put yourself into the hands of trusty friends and stepped out in faith in them. Now you are the trusty friend that others will put their faith in - It sounds and is simple. Sometimes simple isn't easy - Here's a pickaxe. There's a mountain. A little to the east please. Simple may be hard but it's worth it.

Bro. Staton

As the other brethrens have said seek more knowledge. I would also suggest that you look at what you can offer your lodge other then just being a member of the lodge. Determine what your greatest assets will be to the lodge and the growth of the lodge. Become a active member from the early beginning of your masonic walk in time will become your legacy.

jwardl

Remember how, as a young man, a day came when you realized just how much you DON'T know?
Being raised is alot like that. It's not the end of the journey, just the end of the formal instruction. Now is when you begin to learn how to apply what you've been taught. The real light descends slowly upon you during your travels.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Remember how, as a young man, a day came when you realized just how much you DON'T know?
Being raised is alot like that. It's not the end of the journey, just the end of the formal instruction. Now is when you begin to learn how to apply what you've been taught. The real light descends slowly upon you during your travels.
It's like Bruce Lee said, it the journey that matters, not the destination.