My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book recommendations

Mikailduran

Good evening,

First let me introduce myself, I’m Mikail Duran (23) and I live in The Netherlands. I didn’t joined a Lodge yet because of Covid-19 but I already contacted someone I know. I would like to know if someone has a recommendation for a book I can dive in and why I need to read it.
Currently I’m reading different kind of books.

R- Mikail Duran

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Honestly, there’s not a lot you need to know to start. Many books contain more than you need to know at present and something innocuous might ruin the entire process.
Instead, think on your reasons, your motives; why are you on this path? Why become a Freemason? These are the studies of a prospective candidate.

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
First let me introduce myself, I’m Mikail Duran (23) and I live in The Netherlands. I didn’t joined a Lodge yet because of Covid-19 but I already contacted someone I know. I would like to know if someone has a recommendation for a book I can dive in and why I need to read it.
It is not a good idea to try and read up about Freemasonry before being Initiated because you have no BS filter and so you won't know whether what you're reading is accurate or not. My usual advice when asked is that you should find out whether the Grand Lodge that your prospective Lodge is under has published a history of Freemasonry in your country and stick to that.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Good evening,

R- Mikail Duran
I wrote a book that gives a straight-forward view of the organization, what they say they do, what they actually do, what they claim their history is and what history tells us.

It's filled with the good, the bad and the ugly, so brace yourself for the Light it provides to you.

You can find it here: http://www.coach.net/TCU.htm

Matthijs

Good evening,

R- Mikail Duran

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app
Hallo Mikail,

Ik hoop en neem aan dat je Nederlands spreekt. Een aanrader voor een niet-vrijmetselaar is: van M. Dierickx - De Vrijmetselarij. Geschreven door een Vlaamse geestelijke die toegang kreeg tot alle relevante stukken uit de bibliotheek van de Vrijmetselarij in Nederland. Hij geeft een heleboel antwoorden voor de zoekende mens die bij de Vrijmetselarij gevonden kunnen worden. Het boek is niet meer te koop, maar wel bij tweedehands winkeltjes. Even Googlen dan. Succes met je zoektocht!

If Dutch isn't your language then sorry, I cann't help you.

Thijs van Dijk

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
1664975501102.png

Winter

Premium Member
The Bodhi of Christ

Its not published yet, I wrote it, I'm basically done with it just have the first chapter and the foreword to complete as well as getting all the scripture verses to KJV with the exception of a few that will be ESV. Its very much reveals all the secrets that the Freemasons could ever teach you... and so much more... now how do I a non-freemason know secrets of the Freemasons? Its because we all share the same bible.
Please don't recommend your as yet to be published book, written by a self admitted non Mason who claims to know all of our secrets, to men seeking factual books about Freemasonry. While many Freemasons are Christian and share the same VSL, many of us are not and have different VSL. If you were a Mason you would know this.