My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti-Masonic Sentiment in the Church??

robert leachman

I would not hide my Masonic Identity from anyone!
If a church won't accept you because of that just move on. I like the idea of asking other Masons where they go to church.

david918

Premium Member
I like the paper from brother Nelson King it kinda shuts a lot of anti masons up: Dear anti-Mason:

It is not clear to me exactly how literally you may interpret the Word of God. This is obviously a matter of some importance, if we are going to attempt to communicate.

I read in Genesis 17:10 that God tells us to mutilate our male children when they are eight days old. Do you agree?
I read in Leviticus 20:13 that homosexuals shall be put to death. Do you agree?
I read in Deuteronomy 14:8 that God tells us not to eat pork. Do you agree?
I read in Deuteronomy 14:10 that God tells us not to eat clams, shrimp, or lobsters. Do you agree?
I read in Deuteronomy 21: 18-21 that if you have a stubborn son you are to have him killed. Do you agree?
I read in Deuteronomy 21:23 that murderers shall be put to death. Do you agree?
I read in Deuteronomy 22:23 that a woman who is engaged and is not a virgin shall be killed. Do you agree?
I read in Deuteronomy 22:24 that a rapist shall be put to death. Do you agree?
I read in Deuteronomy 22:27-28 that is all right for a man to have sex with an unwed virgin, as long as he does not get caught, but if caught he must pay her money. Do you agree?
I read in Deuteronomy 23:2 that a child born of an unwed mother, and her children's children's, children's, children's children's, children's, children's children's, children's, children's children, may not worship the Lord in Church. Do you agree?
I read in Deuteronomy 24:7 that a thief should be killed. Do you agree?
I read in Deuteronomy 25:5 that if your brother dies you are to bring his wife into your home and have sexual relations with her. Do you agree?
I read in Micah 7:5 that husbands are to keep secrets from their wives. Do you agree?
I read in Matthew 10:35 that Jesus says that he has come to set children against their parents. Do you agree?
I read in Mark 10:11 that Jesus says that those who remarry after divorce are committing adultery. Do you agree?
I read in Mark 16:16 that Jesus says that all Jews, Moslems, and Buddhists will be damned and go to hell. Do you agree?
I read in 1 Corinthians 11:5-6 that women must wear hats in church. Do you agree?
I read in 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 that women are not allowed to speak in church, and that they should get all their information from their husbands. Do you agree?
I read in 1 Timothy 2:9 that women are not to wear gold or pearls. Do you agree?

Now if you agree to all of the above we may now continue our dialog.

Sincerely,
Nelson King

Last edited:

Benton

Premium Member
Ha, good post David. Some of those are sort of taken out of context, but I see what they're getting at.

I've found that many arguments applied to Masonry can be applied to churches.

I mean, I can think of an organization that is religious in nature. It's private, and only members are allowed into the meetings. What they discuss is secret, and only members of the organization are allowed to know about the goings on of the meetings. They have weird cannibalistic rituals dating back thousands of years. They claim to have the key to salvation, the light of God, as if it can only come from them. What organization? The Administrative Council and body (by whatever name) of any protestant church.

So yeah, most of the accusations are pretty ridiculous. People just want someone to hate, I suppose.

Last edited:

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Lol, wow. That was a pretty interesting post there, Bro. David.

And with the topic of this thread, I figured I would update you guys on new events with the situation. Today, I finally got to talk to the originally guy that gave me the feeling that I was going to be turned away because of my Masonic affiliation. I told him that my intentions are to come closer to God which is why I came to him and the rest of the group there at the church. I told him that I do understand that there is a lot of anti-Masonic feelings from church goers and that I could in what he said to me that he was one that harbored those kinds of ideas. I told him that I am more than happy to listen to him when he wants to have the "talk" so that I can hear his concerns, but I wanted to know if I was going to get shunned or have thier backs turned to me because of my Masonic activity or passed.

I was suprised to hear his answer, but also not suprised. He replied that he would never turn his back on a person because they were a Mason, but he would tell me that he doesn't agree with the choice to be one and that it was against God to be one. He justed wanted to have the opportunity to talk with me as he "knows" and has a lot of information that the higher up part of Masonry is against God and against Christianity. Lol, I put that word in quotes because he actually did say that.

Anyway, I told him that I am glad to hear that he is able to not turn his back on someone just because they are a Mason and would continue to try to help someone walk closer with Him even if they continued to be a Mason and that I would have the sit down talk with him to hear what he has to say. Now, whether or not he intends to keep his word and be a person of guidance to the Lord for me when I say that I will not leave the Craft, I have no idea. But I have been thinking about it and while I know that I will more than likely not ever be able to change his mind or views on Masonry, I think that I am going to tell him that if we are going to have the talk about Masonry, I would like it to be a two way conversation and allow me to ask questions and have input in the conversation as well. I think that it is only fair and reasonable for him to allow that, and if he won't allow for that, I will not have the discussion with him about Masonry and just hope that he will continue to be there as a spiritual leader helping someone get closer to God. If not, then I can go find another church.

I just think that it is funny that some people will say they "know" about things when they don't have a clue or have never been involved. Then again, I have never been in the upper leadership of the Craft and have no clue if the guys are sitting up there laughing at the rest of us cause they have convinced us this is a good organization...lol (I am totally joking about that last part....lol I really don't think that is the case)

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
A good man, even in "hell" surrounded by devils, is still a good man.
A bad man, even in "heaven" surrounded by angels, is still a bad man.
How should we view men who believe the good among us are supporting bad? Are they bad themselves or simply too engrossed by the shadows on the cave wall?
It is written that JC hung around with people who were supposedly viewed as bad by society. I think that says a lot. I also think that what was written should be better understood before one comes to a false conclusion.

Ol Kev

Well, when he starts to tell you what he "knows" about Masonry, be sure and ask him his sources of this information and if he has personal knowledge of the facts or if it is hearsay. If it's hearsay, then ask him what the Bible says about gossip . . .

tomasball

Premium Member
Yes, any mason who's been around a while has run into the guys, who "know" the masons are bad because they've read about "secrets" of the "upper level" masons that the rank and file don't know. Does it ever occur to them that we've read the same garbage they have, and can see it's nonsense? "There are big secrets the 33rds have, and you 3rd degree guys can't learn them, but I and all my friends read about them on the internet." Tells you a lot about the intellectual integrity of a person who could believe that.

Having said that, I'd like to hijack the thread a bit to make another point. There really are religions out there, whose members legitimately can't be masons. Some hold that it is sinful to engage in corporate prayer with people of a different faith from yours. Well, then, you can't be a mason. Some hold that it is sinful to swear to anything. Okay, then you can't be a mason.

Beathard

Premium Member
Actually you can be a mason, but you might not want to remain a member of that religon... Its a choice thing. I haven't found anything in the Bible (my sacred book) that says to not to hang out and communicate with people that had different beliefs than me. I cannot find anything that says a Christian (my faith) has to not communicate and fellowship with people that believe a little differently...as long as they believe in Christ they are golden. It is the churches that started adding all of these other requirements not good old JC, and that is what he was preaching against!

MikeMay

Premium Member
Having said that, I'd like to hijack the thread a bit to make another point. There really are religions out there, whose members legitimately can't be masons. Some hold that it is sinful to engage in corporate prayer with people of a different faith from yours. Well, then, you can't be a mason. Some hold that it is sinful to swear to anything. Okay, then you can't be a mason.

Well...I have no problem with my faith and my Masonic search for light...if my church freaked out over it, then it will be time to find a new church. Its that simple.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Brethren ... is there any, even the slightest, possibility we could sell a few guns and holy scriptures here? Just trying to stay focused in this materialistic world. Kinda green too when you think about a cure for population explosion. Can you say Brother Osamah!