My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Ring

MarkR

Premium Member
Sovereign grand inspector general 33°

Illus. Bro. Drennon P.M. 32°
In "mainstream" Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction, there is only one Sovereign Grand Inspector General per state, and only a total of 33 SGIG who are the active members of the Supreme Council, so some states don't have an SGIG, but rather a Deputy of the Supreme Council, who performs all the duties of an SGIG but doesn't have a vote on the Supreme Council. All 33° who are not active SGIG's are properly titled "Inspector General Honorary" and are addressed as Illustrious. 32° brothers have no special form of address (not addressed as illustrious.)

Last edited:

BigDre357

All of the 32° I have ever met are referred to as Illustrious and 33° SGIG

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
All of the 32° I have ever met are referred to as Illustrious and 33° SGIG

Is that you are not in any regular lodges so you have different practices with us?

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

dfreybur

Premium Member
We are recognized I don't clandestine anything bro but in our jurisdiction you are If you are not raised as a master Mason you are not considered a Mason

Step brother Reuben,

Your profile lists your grand lodge and lodge as -

Hiram Abiff Grand Lodge A.F&A.M., Scottish Temple Lodge #15

You don't list which state but that isn't going to matter in this case to figure out if your jurisdiction is regular. Having "Hiram Abiff" in the jurisdiction's name makes that clear. Let's take a few paths.

http://www.ugle.org.uk/about/foreign-grand-lodges Look in the NORTH AMERICA tab. None of the regular and recognized jurisdictions have "Hiram Abiff" in their name. As the United Grand Lodge of England is one of the three senior jurisdictions in the world nearly all jurisdictions follow their lead. Feel free to look for recognition by the GLs of Scotland or Ireland for the other senior jurisdictions.

http://www.conferenceofgrandmasterspha.org/gjlinks.asp The next step is to look up those PHA jurisdictions which have well established lineages and are thus regular. Those listed will eventually have recognition. Those not listed will never have recognition and are not regular. None in the list include "Hiram Abiff" in their names.

http://thephylaxis.org/bogus/bogusgrandlodges.php The next step would require what state you're in. Your jurisdiction will likely already appear in the list of known clandestine ones. If it's not you should report your own jurisdiction to the commission for inclusion. Generally clandestine jurisdictions are founded by someone without a valid lineage forming a corporation in a state. Every regular jurisdiction does form a corporation in its state but they will all also keep records of which lodges they were formed from and which regular jurisdictions those lodges came from. Every regular jurisdiction also tracks which other jurisdictions granted recognition soon after they were formed.

http://bessel.org/masrec/phamap.htm This is a map of which states have regular PHA jurisdictions that still don't have recognition but that eventually will. Unfortunately this map is no longer being maintained. You can't tell your jurisdiction from this list - It only shows what states are both regular and recognized versus what states have PHA jurisdictions that are regular but not yet recognized.

I could look up your state in either of the first two lists and use the lodge locator to find your lodge. It will not appear.

Sorry, step-brother Reuben, but claiming that you are recognized does not mean you are. It only takes knowing what to look for and a few searches to establish what jurisdictions and what lodges are regular and/or recognized. It's very easy to check now. Do all the digging you like to confirm or deny that the first three organizations I reference above have the authority to report regularity and that the fourth link I reference above is current as of today.

If you truly believe you are a regular Mason, you were duped when you petition. Probably most of the members of your lodge were duped the same way. Again I urge you to locate the nearest regular and recognized lodge. Please introduce yourself, explain your situation and apply for healing.

I ask you to check on all of this yourself. See if what I wrote above is true and up to date. You will find it is but you should check for yourself to be certain.

As to your claims about status, those are true in your clandestine jurisdiction. The fact that you think they should be correct in our regular and recognized organizations is why I looked at your profile and saw who you list as just jurisdiction.

Please check on this yourself then apply for healing. Come join us in our assemblies and be a true brother.

tldubb

Premium Member
Step brother Reuben,

Your profile lists your grand lodge and lodge as -

Hiram Abiff Grand Lodge A.F&A.M., Scottish Temple Lodge #15

You don't list which state but that isn't going to matter in this case to figure out if your jurisdiction is regular. Having "Hiram Abiff" in the jurisdiction's name makes that clear. Let's take a few paths.

http://www.ugle.org.uk/about/foreign-grand-lodges Look in the NORTH AMERICA tab. None of the regular and recognized jurisdictions have "Hiram Abiff" in their name. As the United Grand Lodge of England is one of the three senior jurisdictions in the world nearly all jurisdictions follow their lead. Feel free to look for recognition by the GLs of Scotland or Ireland for the other senior jurisdictions.

http://www.conferenceofgrandmasterspha.org/gjlinks.asp The next step is to look up those PHA jurisdictions which have well established lineages and are thus regular. Those listed will eventually have recognition. Those not listed will never have recognition and are not regular. None in the list include "Hiram Abiff" in their names.

http://thephylaxis.org/bogus/bogusgrandlodges.php The next step would require what state you're in. Your jurisdiction will likely already appear in the list of known clandestine ones. If it's not you should report your own jurisdiction to the commission for inclusion. Generally clandestine jurisdictions are founded by someone without a valid lineage forming a corporation in a state. Every regular jurisdiction does form a corporation in its state but they will all also keep records of which lodges they were formed from and which regular jurisdictions those lodges came from. Every regular jurisdiction also tracks which other jurisdictions granted recognition soon after they were formed.

http://bessel.org/masrec/phamap.htm This is a map of which states have regular PHA jurisdictions that still don't have recognition but that eventually will. Unfortunately this map is no longer being maintained. You can't tell your jurisdiction from this list - It only shows what states are both regular and recognized versus what states have PHA jurisdictions that are regular but not yet recognized.

I could look up your state in either of the first two lists and use the lodge locator to find your lodge. It will not appear.

Sorry, step-brother Reuben, but claiming that you are recognized does not mean you are. It only takes knowing what to look for and a few searches to establish what jurisdictions and what lodges are regular and/or recognized. It's very easy to check now. Do all the digging you like to confirm or deny that the first three organizations I reference above have the authority to report regularity and that the fourth link I reference above is current as of today.

If you truly believe you are a regular Mason, you were duped when you petition. Probably most of the members of your lodge were duped the same way. Again I urge you to locate the nearest regular and recognized lodge. Please introduce yourself, explain your situation and apply for healing.

I ask you to check on all of this yourself. See if what I wrote above is true and up to date. You will find it is but you should check for yourself to be certain.

As to your claims about status, those are true in your clandestine jurisdiction. The fact that you think they should be correct in our regular and recognized organizations is why I looked at your profile and saw who you list as just jurisdiction.

Please check on this yourself then apply for healing. Come join us in our assemblies and be a true brother.

Amen Brother SMIB!. .your giving some sound advice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I, also, have a way to go before I can wear a ring. Am being inducted as an EA 21 April 14. Am very much looking forward to it.

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
I, also, have a way to go before I can wear a ring. Am being inducted as an EA 21 April 14. Am very much looking forward to it.

Enjoy your initiation and welcome aboard, BroToBe!

Last edited:

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
This is my ring. As I've told I can wear a masonic ring as a mason in my jurisdiction(that's mean after initiation).
Also, I asked and found out that we do not have different emblems for either EA or FC.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1395419221.269978.jpg
    ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1395419221.269978.jpg
    642.6 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:

japool

Yes, yes you do have different emblems. It's a Landmark. The ring you are showing is not a ring that a Master Mason would ever wear.

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
Yes, yes you do have different emblems. It's a Landmark. The ring you are showing is not a ring that a Master Mason would ever wear.

I've seen some lodges in my jurisdiction use the so called EA or FC symbol in their emblem or as normal decoration. I just seen it as a normal symbol in my jurisdiction.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Many old European lodges still have an FC emblem on their building or in their crest.
Just because one lodge, or even one Grand Lodge, does something a certain way doesn't mean every lodge or Grand Lodge does it that way.

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
Many old European lodges still have an FC emblem on their building or in their crest.
Just because one lodge, or even one Grand Lodge, does something a certain way doesn't mean every lodge or Grand Lodge does it that way.

It may and possibly related to a story that I heard. I've recently read a book which published in 1950 and I forgot it's name but it's endorsed by the UGLE and the QC lodge 2076(they claimed they are the Premier Lodge of Research in England). It said that there were only two degrees in the craft and the WM which is a position in the past. And later on The master of the lodge splits into two sides of things, one is our 3rd degree Master Mason, and the position of WM. So the FC was the highest degree a mason can obtain without getting on the post on the WM. Anyone heard this stories before?

And I stated it again, there are no any EA/FC/MM symbols in my jurisdiction,

Last edited:

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
It may and possibly related to a story that I heard. I've recently read a book which published in 1950 and I forgot it's name but it's endorsed by the UGLE and the QC lodge 2076(they claimed they are the Premier Lodge of Research in England). It said that there were only two degrees in the craft and the WM which is a position in the past. And later on The master of the lodge splits into two sides of things, one is our 3rd degree Master Mason, and the position of WM. So the FC was the highest degree a mason can obtain without getting on the post on the WM. Anyone heard this stories before?

And I stated it again, there are no any EA/FC/MM symbols in my jurisdiction,

Somewhere in the 1700's the EA was split into two degrees. EA and FC as we know it now and the MM degree grew out from what was left over.

Research the GL of Scotland and the royal arch degrees which created the schism between moderns and ancients...

Also, remember that there is a difference between current constitutional laws set down by a grand lodge and what said GL grew out of. Jurisdictions vary and we can have this argument all day concerning the position of the square and compass.

As for my US brethren, we have to recognize the core landmarks to be recognized by the UGLE. Must believe in a supreme being, not make a woman a mason and a couple others. After that, a jurisdiction has free reign on how it sees fit to govern it's lodges.

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
Somewhere in the 1700's the EA was split into two degrees. EA and FC as we know it now and the MM degree grew out from what was left over.

Research the GL of Scotland and the royal arch degrees which created the schism between moderns and ancients...

Also, remember that there is a difference between current constitutional laws set down by a grand lodge and what said GL grew out of. Jurisdictions vary and we can have this argument all day concerning the position of the square and compass.

As for my US brethren, we have to recognize the core landmarks to be recognized by the UGLE. Must believe in a supreme being, not make a woman a mason and a couple others. After that, a jurisdiction has free reign on how it sees fit to govern it's lodges.

I agree with you, Bro. Steve.
I also heard about the argument of Royal Arch between the Premier GL of England and Ancient GL of England for their merging before.
This can be discussed endlessly.
As we are in different jurisdictions and constitutions, we respect each other. We also have different aprons, we have all same aprons in the same degree in England, such as a plain white apron for EA &c.

MarkR

Premium Member
Last edited:

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
Quatruor Coronati IS the premier lodge of research in England. Is this the book you're talking about? I'm reading it right now:
http://www.amazon.com/Freemasons-Guide-Compendium-Revised-Edition/dp/1581825609

Yes, you are correct, Bro. Mark. It's the book that I read in my uni's library. I didn't know they got a new version about it. I think I should buy one. Thanks for the link lol

And I know that Quatruor Coronati actually is the premier lodge of research in England but I prevent the argues come out by any brethren so I switched it to"they claimed".

Last edited:

dfreybur

Premium Member

The third degree is a recent addition sometime in the early 1700s. Some versions of ritual retain memory of that time like the expression brothers and fellows that appears in some versions not in other versions.

And I stated it again, there are no any EA/FC/MM symbols in my jurisdiction

Maybe. As the ring image you posted shows one of them and I've seen the points arranged differently in some UGLE material I suspect this is a point of confusion.