My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who and Where are they now?

cog41

Premium Member
Our history is full of US presidents, senators, congressmen, governors, astronauts, soldiers, sailors, marines, inventors, businessmen all of whom we read about in history books, novels and student study guides etc. etc..
But who are the lawmakers, "movers" and "shakers", the celebrities, the entrepreneurs of today that can lay claim to being a freemason? Are they hiding it?
You know? the ones we like to add to our list of famous masons.

cog41

Premium Member
This may be the wrong place for this thread. My apology.
But I thought it might fit if we discussed who they are and whether they display or hide the fact they are a mason.

cog41

Premium Member
I've heard House Majority leader Eric Cantor is a mason. Anybody know this to be true? What lodge does he belong to and where?
Any others in the US Congress?

jwhoff

Premium Member
I've often wondered whether or not Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel Prize for Literature author from Colombia, was a mason. I know from my wife's family that he did hang around with masons in Colombia, some of which were her family members. If you read his works you will note many references to masonic teachings. His autobiography alludes to this as well. Just haven't been able to get a definite answer to date.

Are there any brethren out there who are masons from on of the jurisdictions in Colombia? Can you shed any light?

cemab4y

Premium Member
I don't know about the politicos. I would love to see a "roster" of current politicos who are masons. Richard Dreyfus, the actor, was made a Mason on 10 June 2011, in Washington DC. He is a member of Potomac lodge#5, and Washington DC scottish rite bodies.

cog41

Premium Member
Sure be interesting to know about Marquez.
Didn't know about Dreyfuss.

I've heard singer Brad Paisely is a mason but never seen confirmation.