My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What unit are you in your shrine?

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
What unit are you a part of and what makes it the right one for you?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Mobile

Bloke

Premium Member
I have no idea which one would be right for me... but the question is moot because I am a member of a Shrine Club in Australia which does not yet have units - we work under AAHMES in CA. The Shrine Club here is about 10ish years old. A Club is an option when you don't have enough Nobles to for a Temple. I just googled to find out and see a foundation pic I will be in http://www.aahmes.org/melbourne-shrine-club/ - interesting to see the other Clubs listed.

I will be watching this with interest. I am not very active in our Club anymore and it focuses on ceremonial and philantripic fund raising and not public parades... but Units seem very fun and useful to provide a focus. We should form at least one...

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I have no idea which one would be right for me... but the question is moot because I am a member of a Shrine Club in Australia which does not yet have units - we work under AAHMES in CA. The Shrine Club here is about 10ish years old. A Club is an option when you don't have enough Nobles to for a Temple. I just googled to find out and see a foundation pic I will be in http://www.aahmes.org/melbourne-shrine-club/ - interesting to see the other Clubs listed.

I will be watching this with interest. I am not very active in our Club anymore and it focuses on ceremonial and philantripic fund raising and not public parades... but Units seem very fun and useful to provide a focus. We should form at least one...
I chatted with the 2013 AAhmes Potentate today.

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member

I agree. While being very new at this. The unit does seem to give the nobles a more defined purpose and mission to support the shrine.

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
I’m endeavoring to join our Shrine Band

That is awesome. I am not musically inclined. We have a unit that has the go carts that do the drills and parades. I am aiming for that one. Put my petition in and awaiting the time with….

Tele295

That is awesome. I am not musically inclined. We have a unit that has the go carts that do the drills and parades. I am aiming for that one. Put my petition in and awaiting the time with….

You have to petition separately for these units?

Rkostaras

I belong to LuLu Shrine in King of Prussia. Being a Shepard involves transporting children to Shriners for Children located in Philadelphia. We pick up from their homes or Philadelphia Int Airport. We transport them to Shriners for Children or one of the three Ronald McDonald houses. When their appointment is completed we either take them home, the airport or the Ronald McDonald Houses.

I have never heard one of these children complain. Sometimes if we pick them at the airport we drive through the Italian Market where “Rocky” was filmed and Gino's or Pat’s for a real Philly Cheese Steak. We have driven by the Philadelphia Art Museum to see the Rocky Statue, along the way we pass Boat House Row where the Skulling Teams are.

We always need new Shepards. Think about giving your time in a way that is beyond rewarding.

Robert Kostaras

Keith C

I belong to LuLu Shrine in King of Prussia. Being a Shepard involves transporting children to Shriners for Children located in Philadelphia. We pick up from their homes or Philadelphia Int Airport. We transport them to Shriners for Children or one of the three Ronald McDonald houses. When their appointment is completed we either take them home, the airport or the Ronald McDonald Houses.

I have never heard one of these children complain. Sometimes if we pick them at the airport we drive through the Italian Market where “Rocky” was filmed and Gino's or Pat’s for a real Philly Cheese Steak. We have driven by the Philadelphia Art Museum to see the Rocky Statue, along the way we pass Boat House Row where the Skulling Teams are.

We always need new Shepards. Think about giving your time in a way that is beyond rewarding.

Robert Kostaras
That is wonderfull work Brother. I think I will give some thought to Joining, knowing that is an option. I really have no great interest in the Parade things, etc, but this type of service has great appeal. As you are a Member at Lulu I have n doubt that we must have at least a few mutual friends. I will be sure to look you up if I decide to petition.