My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your opinion on the widow sons club ?

JanneProeliator

What baffles me is that many times (not particularly in this thread) brethren criticize WS for having leather vests and patches. And suggest joining different masonic riding groups witch also usually wear vests and patches...
In FInland we have actual MC clubs for Police, several military groups, paramedics etc.
Riding motorcycles and wearing vests is not a bad thing.

Regardless of that. ALl of us should remember that we are also posters for masonry in general and we should act that way in every situation we are in.

Winter

Premium Member
In Utah, the Elvira patch then in use on the vest was one of the issues in Utah.
That is such an awful looking design and evokes nothing of Freemasonry. At least the other patch used here in the US is actually made of Masonic symbols.

JanneProeliator

That is such an awful looking design and evokes nothing of Freemasonry. At least the other patch used here in the US is actually made of Masonic symbols.
I like the "chicken wings" patch more too. WE use that design in FInland.

There is three different logos used within WS. Elvira, "chicken wings" and square and compass

Keith C

I have personal opinions about the "look and feel" of the WS group. But I know in PA they do good work for charity.

Personally I think the "Pirate" look is not a good one, but I am sure you can tell from my Avatar I am a "Motorcyclist" not a "Biker" and I dress for safety and the elements when riding, not for fashion. I do wish there was a Masonic group for motorcyclists vs "Bikers".

Thomas Stright

Premium Member
I am sure you can tell from my Avatar I am a "Motorcyclist" not a "Biker" and I dress for safety and the elements when riding, not for fashion. I do wish there was a Masonic group for motorcyclists vs "Bikers".
So wearing leathers automatically places one in the biker group? Not everyone likes to sport the power ranger look.

Keith C

So wearing leathers automatically places one in the biker group? Not everyone likes to sport the power ranger look.
"Leathers?" No. "Cuts" with Patches over a t-shirt, yes.

And i don't wear a racing suit, just armored pants or kevlar jeans, armored jacket, gloves and a full face helmet. I am an MSF RiderCoach and practice what I preach.

Thomas Stright

Premium Member
"Leathers?" No. "Cuts" with Patches over a t-shirt, yes.

That's a wide brush you have....
1667483954386.png

Keith C

That's a wide brush you have....
View attachment 6984

It seems you are somehow thinking my use of the term "Biker" is somehow derogatory. It is merely one classification of folks who ride. I have many personal friends who are "bikers" and hold nothing against them. Every one do as they wish. It just isn't MY style.

From the Oxford Dictionary:

Motorcyclist:
noun

1. a person who rides a motorcycle.

Biker:
noun
INFORMAl

1. a motorcyclist, especially one who is a member of a motorcycle gang or club

A motorcyclist is simply one who rides a motorcycle. Being a "Biker" implies additional social aspects of a lifestyle.