My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UGLE welcomes back GOI

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Yes, announced on March 3.

Regrettably, at this point GOI has not consented to other GLs recognizing RGLI.

leomar

Glad to hear that. I guess they took care of their little mafia problem.
Brother, there were many ways to write what you wrote without being disrespectful of 23000 brothers who every day have to fight prejudice from press, Catholic Church and public opinion, despite the majority of them never had any mafia problem. I am confident that your intentions were good but the way you expressed your opinion is awful.

Winter

Premium Member
Brother, there were many ways to write what you wrote without being disrespectful of 23000 brothers who every day have to fight prejudice from press, Catholic Church and public opinion, despite the majority of them never had any mafia problem. I am confident that your intentions were good but the way you expressed your opinion is awful.
I was merely stating a fact as the issue was reported here. That they lost their recognition over rampant corruption stemming from mafia involvement. I'm actually very happy they solved the issue and regained recognition. I think you read a tone in my post that wasn't intended.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
And yet, you just spoke critically of the faith of other masons, and did so in public, when you could have avoided doing so.

The US GLs stuck with your GL, despite the shenanigans and the pall your members cast on us all.

His -fact- was correct.

And your GL has still not consented to the US GLs recognizing RGLI.

So, exercise some humility and thankfulness that UGLE has worked very hard to bring your GL, which had members who brought the fraternity into disrepute, back into amity with the Home GLs and N European GLs.

leomar

And yet, you just spoke critically of the faith of other masons, and did so in public, when you could have avoided doing so.

The US GLs stuck with your GL, despite the shenanigans and the pall your members cast on us all.

His -fact- was correct.

So, exercise some humility and thankfulness that UGLE has worked very hard to bring your GL, which had members who brought the fraternity into disrepute, back into amity with the Home GLs and N European GLs.
You are arguing that I spoke critically of the faith of other masons in public and you are doing the same, moreover being offensive.

mvantuyl

Premium Member
You are arguing that I spoke critically of the faith of other masons in public and you are doing the same, moreover being offensive.
I believe Brother Cook was speaking about your specific reference to the Catholic Church.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
You err. I criticised no one's faith.

Yes, we are well aware of the Catholic Church position.

leomar

Yes, for example in Italy, where the majority of Brothers has Catholic faith but has to keep secret on being part of Freemasonry…

YHWH

The Italian Judiciary clarified that the RGLI's Mafia allegations were lies

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor

The Italian Judiciary clarified that the RGLI's Mafia allegations were lies
Not the issue at hand.

Bloke

Premium Member

His -fact- was correct.

One might say the comment was on the management of a Church and that managment's position on its members not being Freemasons, but also with Freemasonry itself (still often incorrectly very incorrectly described by some Church leaders as "The Masonic Sect") rather than comment on a Faith itself, ( albeit I am very aware of the The Nicene Creed and things like it which link the Chruch Management to Faith).

However, I 100% agree that Freemasonry should be apolitical and aim to stay silent on religion and politics..... and that Masonic Bodies which are hostile to clergy ( or religious group who act within the law) should not be recognized.

I think it is fair comment that the Church I was raised in, the Catholic Church, does not understand what we might describe as "Anglo/American" (in contracts with "European") Freemasonry and that it stuck in the past with events and acts done by "Masonic Groups" Regular Grand Lodges would not recognize.

Matt L

Site Benefactor
One might say the comment was on the management of a Church and that managment's position on its members not being Freemasons, but also with Freemasonry itself (still often incorrectly very incorrectly described by some Church leaders as "The Masonic Sect") rather than comment on a Faith itself, ( albeit I am very aware of the The Nicene Creed and things like it which link the Chruch Management to Faith).

However, I 100% agree that Freemasonry should be apolitical and aim to stay silent on religion and politics..... and that Masonic Bodies which are hostile to clergy ( or religious group who act within the law) should not be recognized.

I think it is fair comment that the Church I was raised in, the Catholic Church, does not understand what we might describe as "Anglo/American" (in contracts with "European") Freemasonry and that it stuck in the past with events and acts done by "Masonic Groups" Regular Grand Lodges would not recognize.
Well said Brother Bloke!

MyJourney

I found on UGLE website “ Some countries have many Grand Lodges present within their borders but, generally speaking, UGLE will only recognise one Grand Lodge in a country/territory”