My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Trek: Into Darkness

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Awesome!

[video=youtube;XSoIs4wfaeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSoIs4wfaeM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]​

crono782

Premium Member
There's an alarming lack of space in that trailer, wouldn't y'all agree? ;)

Does look pretty cool nonetheless.

JJones

I agree, there appears to be a lot less stars in that trek.

I also don't recognize who the villain is supposed to be but I'm also not a huge trekkie on account of Star Wars being better. :45:

Benton

Premium Member
There's an alarming lack of space in that trailer, wouldn't y'all agree? ;)

Does look pretty cool nonetheless.

Agreed.

JJ makes a good action flick, but I'm not convinced he makes a good Trek flick. (Life long Trekkie here.)

But as we are to leave politics and religion out of the lodge, I won't bring my pro Roddenberry agenda to the boards. ;)

BrianMcMLG

I am looming forward to seeing this film as a fan of Star Trek in general. Across all of the series, there were plenty of episodes and even movies that focused less on the stars and more on the trek. I first got into ST during the Next Generation but have since gone back to check out the originals. I am going to try to view this new movie with an open mind. Remember guys, it IS still Star Trek...the ship is the Enterprise, the captain is Kirk, the special effects and action sequences may differ, but the Prime Directive remains the same.

Freemason Connect Mobile

BrianMcMLG

Fav episode...
Star Trek - The Trouble with Tribbles
ST:TNG - Best of Both Worlds pt 1&2
ST: DS9 - dont recall episode title...was a season premiere, maybe 4th or 5th season, where Worf joined DS9 and there was a huge battle between the station and a massive Klingon fleet.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dfreybur

Premium Member
ST - Into Darkness is awesome. Star Trek was always about the characters first, then social commentary. Explosions and other special effects were always incidental. While this movie has plenty of explosions and special effects they do not interfere with the interaction of the characters or the social commentary. Exactly the way ST is supposed to be. Better still no lame time travel. Thumbs, finger and toes up.

Bill Hosler

I seen it over the weekend. I haven't seen a ST movie since the 80's because the last one I seen was so lame I couldn't bear to watch another (going back in time to save the whales?? Seriously??)

But this one was awesome! I seen it at the IMAX in 3D and loved it. The story was awesome. I like how they actually used old story lines and expanded in them like Christopher Pike as the admiral.

My girlfriend who hates sci if even liked it.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dfreybur

Premium Member
Benton...name your favorite Star Trek episode. Mine is Shore Leave..

TOS - City on the Edge of Forever.
TNG - Yesterday's Enterprise.
DS9 - Several good ones don't think I have a favorite.
VOY - The last episode was good.
ENT - Hmm. probably one of the last ones after I gave up.

Firefly - Out of Gas.

Babylon V - nearly the entire first 3 seasons.

BrianMcMLG

TOS - City on the Edge of Forever.
TNG - Yesterday's Enterprise.
DS9 - Several good ones don't think I have a favorite.
VOY - The last episode was good.
ENT - Hmm. probably one of the last ones after I gave up.

Firefly - Out of Gas.

Babylon V - nearly the entire first 3 seasons.

I forgot what a great episode Yesterday's Enterprise was. Gotta agree with the first three B5 seasons. Loved all of Firefly but fav was the pilot "Serenity."
Freemason Connect Mobile