My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spiritual help

RyanC

Jamie if look at Freemasonry in a more esoteric way you will find that Jesus is more into masonry than you think. Three is a very common and special number in masonry why. Next read the old charges everyone starts with a prayer to God the Son and the Holy Ghost.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

jjjjjggggg

Premium Member
Jamie if look at Freemasonry in a more esoteric way you will find that Jesus is more into masonry than you think. Three is a very common and special number in masonry why. Next read the old charges everyone starts with a prayer to God the Son and the Holy Ghost.

Ryan, without giving up any secrets I'll say that I've noticed allusions to Jesus in some parts of the ritual as well as the overt mentions. But I have a problem with some of it because I'm not a Christian. For me I have taken the allusions as allegorical and instructional instead of literal by demanding a faith in Christ.

I do enjoy the esoteric side of masonry with all the allegorical teachings. "The Meaning of Freemasonry" by Wilmshurst is one of my favorite works.

BroBook

Premium Member
Us if you want to technically you work with us too

Bro Book
M.W.U.G.L. Of Fl: P.H.A.
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
No. I haven't.
I heard about "makin' sleep" from Russian Freemasons.
They're workin' with Scottish Rite, I suppose & they recognized by UGLE.

A group can claim to be "with Scottish Rite" and that means nothing. It says nothing about their legitimacy, because "Scottish Rite" has nothing to do with Scotland. There is no legal restriction against claiming to be "Scottish Rite", no matter how fraudulent the claim might be. Likewise, given the history and suppression of Freemasonry in Russia until quite recently, it is highly likely that groups calling themselves "Freemasons" in that country are frauds. Who is their current Grand Master? What is their national mailing address? Tell me those things, and I can tell you if you're dealing with real Masons or just frauds.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Liberal Freemasons? No such thing. The first site is the web site for the Regular Russian Grand Lodge, but it would have NOTHING TO DO with so-called "Liberal Freemasons". That sounds like some kind of atheistic "Grande Oriente" nonsense. And so you posted two obviously NON-ASSOCIATED web sites you could have looked up on Google. THAT PROVES NOTHING. Demitting is possible in Freemasonry. Anyone who claims it is not is either a liar or has been lied to, it's that simple. So, which are you?

crono782

Premium Member
To me that sounds like a poetic interpretation by an individual rather than an officially worded stance.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Thanx for the answer. :)
I understood -- "demittin'" is possible. :)
But, I clearly remember, that one of the masons told sth like: "...There's no such thing as ex-freemason.
Once you became -- you'll be freemason. But, if for example you've dissapointed you can not
"demit", you'll be -- "sleepin' freemason", you can not to attend meetings etc.
But you'll be freemason, just sth like in other "status". Sorry for my bad English.

I think I now understand what they tried to tell you. When a man voluntarily demits from Masonry, the record of his membership is not destroyed. If he ever wishes to return, all he has to do is present himself at a Lodge, pay the dues for that year, and he is restored in full degree and honors. He doesn't have to start over and do the degrees again. That sounds like what they meant when they talked to you about the matter.

However, that being said, that is the only difference between a voluntary demission and a man who has never been a Mason at all. From the standpoint of daily life, there is no difference, except that a demitted Mason who then violates the Obligation is not going to be allowed to reactivate his membership. It's simply to keep dishonest mean from "cheating"--taking the Obligation while planning on demitting, thinking that it means the Obligation no longer would apply to them.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Hi.
But, how can you admit to Fraternity "cheater"?
Don't you make references/inquiries about the candidate before you invite him?
Or, maybe I don't understand sth correctly.

There is no invitation. One must apply of his own will and accord. A man who waits around for a Masonic invitation will wait forever. An investigation is done of an applicant. However, the Freemasons are not some kind of infallible Secret World Government, with unlimited power and reach. People can get in who shouldn't have been let in. It's like any other organization. If governments of world powers can be fooled, certainly a private organization with far less resources can be fooled. The Boy Scouts does far more extensive background checking on adults who wish to apply for troop/pack leader positions than does the Freemasons. Since I was accepted by a Cub Scout Pack as an assistant leader, there certainly wasn't anything that would have stood in the way of initiation into the Freemasons.

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
So what if I joined and realized this is not for me, then what???
If you join Freemasonry and decide that you no longer wish to be a Mason there is an established process for leaving the fraternity. You simply write a letter to your Lodge stating that you wish to demit. They will process your request and should send you a confirmation letter stating the day on which your Masonic membership ended.

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
I do enjoy the esoteric side of masonry with all the allegorical teachings. "The Meaning of Freemasonry" by Wilmshurst is one of my favorite works.
Jamie - This is one of my favorites as well. I wonder if you have read Roscoe Pound's "Philosophy of Masonry"? It is available as a free download from the Masonic Service Association or from Google books. I consider it a must read for anyone interested in understanding the craft.

JamesMichael

Premium Member
Hello Brothers, I have been recommended by a friend to become a prince hall mason, I feel like I can contribute to the brotherhood and also I want something new in my life but, something inside me is telling me don't do it, it was always told to me that it was evil, I have good friends that are masons that explain in great details what it's origins for, and I I'm intrigued so, how do I fight this spiritual battle...

I also was taught by my mother that Freemasonry was satanic. Even though my dad was highly involved. I became a born again Christian as a teenager. Later as an adult I faced similar feelings that you describe. I wish I could say that joining will answer all your questions or calm all your fears. But it won't. Even after I entered the Lodge I wondered if I had lost my salvation because of becoming a freemason. It takes many years to unlearn things from our youth but with patience and perseverance you can follow your heart and move beyond superstitious beliefs. Most of my Mason friends are imperfect, like me, and they all believe in Jesus. If you come from a fundamentalist church upbringing this may be too difficult for you. Maybe seek out a Freemason who is also a minister and ask him all your questions, that's what I did. Hope that helps you.

Sabathil

I also was taught by my mother that Freemasonry was satanic. Even though my dad was highly involved. I became a born again Christian as a teenager. Later as an adult I faced similar feelings that you describe. I wish I could say that joining will answer all your questions or calm all your fears. But it won't. Even after I entered the Lodge I wondered if I had lost my salvation because of becoming a freemason. It takes many years to unlearn things from our youth but with patience and perseverance you can follow your heart and move beyond superstitious beliefs. Most of my Mason friends are imperfect, like me, and they all believe in Jesus. If you come from a fundamentalist church upbringing this may be too difficult for you. Maybe seek out a Freemason who is also a minister and ask him all your questions, that's what I did. Hope that helps you.
Yes it actually does, thank you, the internet doesn't really help ether, better to do my own research!

ROLLO

Why so long???

Because I listened to other people. I would ask one person's advice and would leave the situation alone then revisited it then I did it again and final time I said forget it and followed my heart. One if the best decisions I've ever made.

AndreAshlar

I would suggest praying for discernment and meditating. Asking other people what you should do is an exercise in futility. You are your own man and you must be at peace with your own choices.

goldsquare

I was in a similar quandary when I was deciding on becoming a Freemason as my grandfather before me. If you listen to people on the outside looking in you will end up with all types of mis-information. I talked to Mason who was also a minister and he laid it out plain and simple that if the craft was satanic he could not be involved and that the system of Masonary itself alludes to biblical principles. Seek and you shall find......look for the light if you take on this journey.

St. Petersburg Lodge #109
MWUGL of Florida Prince Hall Affiliated