My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri vs. Google Search in Jellybean

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
When rooted, even on iPhone, you can install a terminal and do command line stuff if you want. After all Android and iOS are all Unix based.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I may have to hit you up sometime to learn how to root mine. I've always been interested in doing it but unfortunately most of my extremely tech savvy friends have iPhones and don't even have a clue what I'm talking about when I use the term "root".

All you need to root.

[GNex TOOLKIT V7.8] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE [GSM] - xda-developers

Is JellyBean that much better. I am not sure how many changes it will take to put a app I wrote to use the USB to connect to a router for configuration. I used a IOGear USB to RS-232 hardware for this. But the code may have to change if they messed with /dev/USB01 device in the upgrade.

A HUGE YES! Android has been notoriously clunky compared to iOS and 4.1 address it. It's sooooo smooth compared to any previous version.

When rooted, even on iPhone, you can install a terminal and do command line stuff if you want. After all Android and iOS are all Unix based.

True. I used to Jailbreak back in the day, but it became a pain in the butt. I bounce between Android and iOS - both wonderful platforms.