My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Road Trip: Speaking in Connecticut and Pennsylvania in October


​
by Christopher Hodapp




Alice and I have packed up our canine miscreants and a couple of cases of books to head for the East Coast over the next couple of weeks in the Airstream.

First up, this coming Thursday, October 1st, I'll be speaking at Sequin Level Lodge 140 in Newington, Connecticut (near Hartford) for what promises to be a fantastic Festive Board. The good news is that dinner will be spectacular (click the flyer below). The bad news is that you have to listen to me in order to get it.

The evening begins at 6:30PM and Secretary Larry Baker assures me the gourmet dinner will more than compensate for whatever happens after they hand me a microphone.

​
The price for this event is a paltry $50. Only 80 seats are available, and I don't know where ticket sales stand. Reservation cutoff is Monday, but click the link to check availability: https://lodgelocator.com/sequin-level-140/page/payments-tickets

Sequin-Level Lodge 140 is located at 80 Walsh Avenue in Newington.

I've previously spoken at a several lodges in Connecticut over the years, so you'd think they'd know better by now.

​

The following Tuesday, October 6th I'll be speaking at historic Philadelphia Lodge 2 in the spectacular Philadelphia Masonic Temple. (Lodge No. 2 was one of the first Masonic lodges chartered by England in the American colonies in 1758 - they just celebrated the 268th anniversary of their founding.)

I’ll leave it to the assembled crowd to decide whether my presentation is a proper use of a wind instrument or not.

The Temple is located in downtown Philadelphia at 1 N. Broad Street.

Before the meeting, dinner will be held at 5:30 p.m. at Iron Hill Brewery located downtown at 1150 Market Street. There is no cost to attend dinner, but brethren are encouraged to make a nominal donation to the Lodge No. 2 Almoner’s Fund in lieu of payment. If you will be joining us for dinner, you will need to sign up by next Monday, October 5th by clicking HERE and fill out the online form.

Meanwhile, if you pass us on I-80 Eastbound (a red SUV with Indiana plates hauling 30-feet of aluminum shaped like a big silver Tylenol), give us a honk.

The dogs will bark, I'll wake up, and wave...

​

​

Continue reading...
 
Top