My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raised to Sublime degree of Master Mason

El Dud3rino

Last night brethren I was raised to the Sublime degree of Master Mason at aPast Masters Night.

Wow........ That was awesome!

Still processing it.........

Brother Joel
Master Mason
Epes Randolph Lodge #32
Tucson AZ

Desmo Pete

Congratulations!

My advice is to take your time. Don't be rail roaded into joining the Royal Arch or other orders.

Sit back and enjoy the view for a while.

Good luck in whatever masonic path you take.

Pete

cacarter

Premium Member
Congratulations Brother! I've never been to your lodge, but I know Tucson well having grown up in Willcox. Enjoy all the light and take your time, or don't. It's all up to you in your search for more light.

jeremy.berry

Congrats. now go and watch a MM degree. It will have a bigger impact

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

El Dud3rino

Thanks brothers! I plan to take it slow, stay with Blue lodge and soak up as much as I can. I want to start the Master Craftsman program from the Scottish Rite at the start of the year. I figure it would be a great way to start the year Once I complete it, look at joining it maybe in a year or so.

I also plan on visiting as many lodges as possible. Starting in Tucson and going out. I even heard of a lodge here that is held in Spanish.

I

Brother Joel
Master Mason
Epes Randolph Lodge #32
Tucson AZ

lmeeks357

Congratulations brother , I was also raised a week ago , what is this master craftsman program u speak of ?

crono782

Premium Member
The Master Craftsman Program is predicated on SR membership I believe. Are you planning on joining SR so soon? (Although I just remembered they are creating a new blue lodge MCP that may not have such a requirement). I'm nearly done w/ my MCP1 and it's a lot of work hah.

The Master Craftsman Program is put on by the Supreme Council SMJ. Basically a correspondence learning course that causes you to have to in depth study the SR degrees.

My Freemasonry HD

Last edited:

El Dud3rino

A few months ago I looked into the Master Craftsman program. As it stood then any one could take it, non-Masons, Masons, men, women, any one. And I believe the way that it is set up does not interfere with any teachings of the SR, but more over helps you gain a deeper meaning into your own life as it relates to the spiritual nature of humans.

I may be wrong, but I first heard about the program on a podcast called The life Masonic, and it hosted by a brother who is in the SR.

Brother Joel
Master Mason
Epes Randolph Lodge #32
Tucson AZ

El Dud3rino

And no I do not intend on joining anything just yet. I know the Blue lodge has a great deal to offer. Plus I want to travel to other lodges and have a strong foundation for the next step. I have taken some time too between my degrees, understanding it's not a race, but a journey. I think before you can truly run you must be comfortable in the shoes.

Brother Joel
Master Mason
Epes Randolph Lodge #32
Tucson AZ

El Dud3rino

I believe the program is a few years old, not a 100% sure.

If you go to the SR page and look up education it's under that subject. It's a pen and paper coarse, no grades, just you and your thoughts on a subject. I believe it $30-40, once you register they send you a pack and you begin.

Go check it out!

Brother Joel
Master Mason
Epes Randolph Lodge #32
Tucson AZ

El Dud3rino

I hear you, but I think you get a book too. But everything seems to cost something. The body would not be able to function and grow if it was free.

Brother Joel
Master Mason
Epes Randolph Lodge #32
Tucson AZ