My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential move to Dubai

Winter

Premium Member
My interpretation. If brothers in my jurisdiction have them, they're not openly displaying them at any of our meetings/outings. Maybe, I just haven't paid attention. I'm really not trying to be the tattoo police. I have not seen anything in writing that prohibits them either.
I guess it comes down to what you consider Masonic Secrets. I've never met anyone who considered the working tools (or even the majority of the Tracing Boards) as secret.

Bro. R. Mitchell

You're correct! The S&C aren't secret, so tattooing them wouldn't be a violation. Getting one would definitely be a personal choice. So, what is the obligation referring to? If you can respond on this forum. If not message me directly.

Winter

Premium Member
You're correct! The S&C aren't secret, so tattooing them wouldn't be a violation. Getting one would definitely be a personal choice. So, what is the obligation referring to? If you can respond on this forum. If not message me directly.
Was that not clarified during or after your degree what secrets you were prohibited from marking, printing, painting, etc...?

Winter

Premium Member
Passwords and grips. Are they not secret? Our ritual is encrypted
I agree. Modes of recognition are considered Masonic secrets. But the Square and Compasses are not considered a mode of recognition which ends the tattoo argument. But even the MoR are not so secret when you read the many exposes of Freemsonry from the 18th and 19th centuries, and even later. There are religious anti Masonic groups today (Ephesians 5.11 comes to mind) who think they can cause us injury by making our degrees public. When all one has to do is order a copy off the internet. So the joke is on them.

Bro. R. Mitchell

The saying that we're a cult is truly funny! If volunteerism and community involvement makes us cultists, then I guess we are. Lbvs