My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ol' skip is at it again

widows son

Premium Member
I think it's worth seeing what he has to say about his experience on this blog. http://www.ephesians5-11.org/masonicritual/index.htm

widows son

Premium Member
It's in the discussion board icon on the main page then click on "general Masonic literature"and then click on the link titled "reflections on the lodgeroomUS forum"

JJones

Found it. As masons, anything we say or do can and will be used against us by these people. Best to just ignore them like the plague.

The allowance of obscenity was just as evidenced there as on the now-defunct LodgeroomUS, as was the open hostility towards me. Should you read the remarks directed against me, keep bearing in mind that they are the words of Master Masons, the 'good' men made better by Freemasonry.

Brethren, keep this is mind offline as well as online. I can't count the number of lodge functions I've seen in public places where our brethren speak as though they were sailors. We represent the fraternity at all times. I know the obscenity he is referring to was a quote from some graffiti but we all saw how quickly Skip jumped on that when he saw it.

Last edited:

CajunTinMan

He is some other Christian forums as well speading his hate. If you are Anti-Masonic, fine, no problem. But twisting the truth to prove your point. Come on now, do you really feel like your doing Gods work?

Benton

Premium Member
The ignorant are ignorant. If you present the facts, they still do not accept them, what can you do? He is one with which we must agree to disagree because you will not convert him.

JJones

And the worst thing is nobody can stop him. Maybe someone should write something about skip...

He'd just turn it against us. I believe this is the type of battle that can only be won by subduing our passions.

Masonry takes good men and makes them better...and we are better than stooping to his level.

daddyrich

Did I miss the thread where we cussed at him? Hate to think that I did. He was only here to agitate and annoy, good riddance to him. His adherence ( and that whole organizations) to the belief that Grand Lodge behaves as some ecunemical, dogma-spewing and endorsing body w/in Masonry got old quick. I passed an hour on their site last night and got cramps in my neck from shaking my head so much.

crono782

Premium Member
I don't think there was any cursing AT him. Someone was quoting something that had cursing in it I'm pretty sure. I doubt if any asterisks "bleeping" it out would've changed anything. Hah

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I believe what he is referring to is one post where a Brother quoted some graffiti that was painted on their Lodge. Sad really, they way they act. I was just looking at their site after seeing this thread and read through some of the discussions on there. I find it odd that he and some of the others there talk about how Masons are stubborn, won't listen to reason, and ignore the facts. Then in the same threads they are doing the same exact thing to a Mason or a person wanting to petition.

I did find odd a sentence by Skip that basically said Masonry wants you to find a religion or code of morals and follow it to the best of your abilities. Then in the next sentence talked about how Masonry and Christianity are incompatible. Seems a little odd to me that they see this that way. I would see that Christianity is a religion or code of morals to follow and if we teach that we are to follow that to the best of our abilities then there could be no incompatibility.

widows son

Premium Member
The cursing was referring to what I said that was graffitied on my lodge. Do you guys think it's ok and to just let it go, or do you think we should do something about it?

crono782

Premium Member
I would say let it go. Going over there and saying something will accomplish nothing; you would be on his home turf and straight up cannon-fodder for their libelmongering. I may be less informed on the topics in question, but I've been around the IP block a time or two and know internet trolling when I see it.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I would say let it go. If you go over there and try to defend anything we have said or done on here you will be stepping into their home and will accomplish nothing. He has his beliefs and we have ours. He is no longer here and we are better off. There is nothing any of us could say or do that will change anything and if we go there we will be no better than him.

phulseapple

Premium Member
They have their own agenda and the only ones who are correct (to them that is) are those that are in their circle. That amounts to about 4 people. They have been trying to bring down the Fraternity for many years, and as we all can see, they have not made any progress.

widows son

Premium Member
I guess the fact that we are masons proves they are failing. I was raised to defend what I hold dear, which is our fraternity and of course all of you and the rest of the world wide brotherhood. I won't go there and start anything, as much as I'd love too. Not offend any brethren here but I'd love to see the end of the nonsense that is fundamentalism.