My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My "Masonic" Watch

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Untitled 5.jpg

Txmason

Gadget junkie no way Blake is a fine conisuser of technology.

"Without exertion there can be no progress." Bear Grylls

Dow Mathis

Premium Member
Hmm... If it walks like a duck., etc., etc., etc. :-D:-D:-D

Sent from my SGH-T889 using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
That looks awesome! Brother Tom McGuire was kind enough to let us use the logo and even provided the PSD file so I was able to change "Freemason" to "My Freemasonry". What did you carve this for?

Plustax

That looks awesome! Brother Tom McGuire was kind enough to let us use the logo and even provided the PSD file so I was able to change "Freemason" to "My Freemasonry". What did you carve this for?

Thanks for the compliment brother. I really do like the design as well and having the hobby that I do, I decided to give it a try. It came out pretty nice and I didn't even have to paint it up. ha I actually carve quite a few masonic/Shriner plaques and lots of other stuff too. We have a brother who has just started having outdoor degrees on his ranch and I'm working on some carves to place out on his 6ft stumps (East, West & South) stations. Looks like they're going to turn out pretty nice as well.
I also carve projects and mail out to people requests (if I can make them). I have a facebook site (CarvingsbyJerryB) where I've placed quite a bit of my work since I'm not savvy enough to make a web site. LOL Maybe now that I'm without a job for the time being, I'll find a way to start a site and see about bringing in a little income. ha ha The particular carve here I sell for $55 +shipping (usually $10 thru UPS). It's about 12x11x3/4 and carved in Select pine. I can use other woods, but that increases the cost and I try to keep the cost down on the consumer cause of economic times for some of us.

nixxon2000

Premium Member
I am about to get one of these Watches so I Was just Curious if it was really worth the money? I have watched Some videos & still haven't made up my mind yet.

My Freemasonry

I had the watch for about 3 days and returned it. I found it missing some major functionality like it does not display your gmail on the watch. It will only show what's in the general mail app. Also I was not able to get text messages to show up.

The phone worked ok but the speaker was low quality. The last issue I had was the actual watch. When it feels your wrist turn it should show the time. Too often I found it did not work and I would have to re-flick my wrist.

Personally I will either wait for the second version or the iWatch.

But that's just my opinion.

My Freemasonry

dfreybur

Premium Member
Outstanding!!! You should sell those, I would buy one in a New York minute! :)

If you want a Masonic watch I see those advertized in the GL quartlerly magazine from two of my jurisdictions. I'm too new to my third jurisdiction to have received a quarterly yet but I won't be surprised to see one advertized.

That looked like a wrist watch sized equivalent of a smart phone or tablet. One with a screen too small to be practical.

BigDre357

Lol it is a smart watch it's the new Samsung Galaxy Gear that goes with the Galaxy Note 3 smart phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
Here's mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

Attachments

• 1383427893129.jpg
    1383427893129.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 539

Plustax

Hey Bro Tom, send me a PM when you get a chance. I sent you one earlier, but it doesn't appear that you received it from me.
JerryB

My art never looked soo great! How can I get one of those milled for me?

Calendar - http://www.roundrocklodge227.org/calendar
Facebook - http://www.roundrocklodge227.org/facebook
Stated Meeting - 3rd Tuesday of each month : Meal at 6:30pm : Meeting at 7:30pm.
Practice Nights - Every Monday and Thursday, except the 2nd Monday of each month.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I had the watch for about 3 days and returned it. I found it missing some major functionality like it does not display your gmail on the watch. It will only show what's in the general mail app. Also I was not able to get text messages to show up.

I have since returned mine as well. I was hoping that it would compliment my note 3, but instead it became just another device to keep charged. The camera was surprisingly good, but you can't send any photos directly from it. In order to do so, you have to transfer it to your phone, pull your phone out then send it. S-Voice was horrific as always and the flick action to turn it on was annoying, especially if you're in a movie theater. The actual hardware is nice so many of these shortcomings could be addressed via software updates. I just wasn't willing to have a $325 hole in my pocket till then.

Last edited: