My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Journey continues

VinnyC

Registered User
I've read these posts and almost everyone has had family members as Freemason. I, in fact have none. Being from Guam, there is no Lodge nor have I remembered anything Freemason-ish. I really don't think that many people from Guam know about it. I had no idea untill I joined the Army. I am back to where I first saw the Compass and Square on the back of many vehicles. I've also noticed soldiers wearing rings. My very first Freemason helping someone was during my first deployment in 2005. There was a soldier with a Compass and Square tattoo giving directions to another guy who was wearing the pendant. I thought, ok, they have something in common, school. After I came back, my buddy had a ring but I've always thought that the Compass and Square with the "G" was from a college from Georgia, because of the "G" and most of them were from the South. So I never bothered to ask anyone with it. Until one day, I was in an office and there was this new Staff Sergeant that walked and and he pointed to another Soldiers' ring, whom was Puerto Rican. They shook hands and gave each other a "guy hug", with a tap on the back. When I saw his ring, it was the Freemason Compass and Square. I kind of heard them ask about a "Lodge". Of course, at the time, I didn't know what they were talking about. But I was inrigued at how these two didn't know each other but talked like they grew up together. Then a few days later, my buddy, wore his ring and then I decided to ask him about that symbol. He told me what it was and I was interested about what he told me about Freemasonry. I asked him how can I join, then he said "all you have to do is ask". So I asked him right there. He said ok, study up on Prince Hall. I said ok. At that time, I had no idea of AF&AM and PHA. I remember seeing Shriner hat's but I didn't know that they almost tie in together. Unfotunately, I could not get to the Lodge or a Petition in time because I had moved Units and then deployed for the 2nd time in 2006. I came back to the States then moved to Colorado Springs. I deployed there in 2008-2009. One of my Solodiers' in my platoon wore the same ring. Of course by that time, I knew just the basics. I told him what happened in 2005, but he also told me about the whole PHA thing. When we got back in 2009, I asked him if he could help, but he said he wasn't from the Lodge in Colorado Springs. But he could try. I asked him how long would it take to get the petition going. He said it would take a few months, then the vote. By that time, I would be leaving the Springs then heading back to Texas. Now here I am, in 2010, settled for a couple of years...hopefully. I just started attending the Copperas Cove Lodge #595, as I am awaiting a petition. This was a long time to even step into a Lodge, but all the guys tell me that, " My Journey had already started when I asked." I've always wanted this.
Thanks for reading.
 

Bro.BruceBenjamin

Premium Member
Good for you for being patient and sticking in their. It is tough having to move around so much I know Im glad to have my family in a stable location thanks for sharing.
 
Top