My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lousy Masonic Facebook Pages

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah...irks me. Why do people setup Masonic facebook pages, make a few posts then leave them unmoderated so that morons can take over and put Masonry in a bad light? If I see another devil worship, baphomet, satan worship, illuminati comment I'll go crazy!

Last edited:

swole

I agree. What's with the devils worshiping thing anyway? I was asked that by last week (again) and when I said no they said, "Well it was on google!" .......(o.0)............Really?

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
Yeah...irks me. Why to people setup Masonic facebook pages, make a few posts then leave them unmoderated so that morons can take over and put Masonry in a bad light? If I see another devil worship, baphomet, satan worship, illuminati comment I'll go crazy!
How much does anything that's on Facebook matter, really?

Benton

Premium Member
Because Facebook is a huge social media that influences millions of people on a daily basis, and there are some that may actually buy into the information in those bogus groups. I'm in the generation that would buy into those things. Yes, it's plausible. Yes, some people are that dumb.

bupton52

Premium Member
There is a group on Facebook called Fighting Masonic Mis-Education that seems to be pretty good. There are PHA and "mainstream" (I really dislike that word) brothers there but more representation from the mainstream side would be needed. Just give another viewpoint to a lot of things and lets men know that they have choices and hopefully the most important choice they make is to join a regular lodge.

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
I know what you mean... I try to log in and check my York Rite page every day for "house cleaning" and end up un-friending someone or deleting wall posts once or twice a week. I also use my personal page to "monitor" it. Gotta manage it if you're gonna set it up- IMHO.

Preston DuBose

Hmmm. Our Facebook page hasn't had that problem yet. Our problem is obscurity!

That being said, up until reading this thread I was the only admin for our lodge's Facebook page. I've now added another admin as a backup in case I ever unexpectedly give up my working tools while bravely rescuing a busload of children, protecting a nursing home from armed thugs, or choking on a potato chip.

polmjonz

Although unfortunate that an amount of posting that goes on there can be negative or uninformed it can also be humorous to read some of it also particularly some of the Nigerian posts. I often wonder if some of them are the same people who run some of the scams in that country trying to gain a foothold in our institution . Most of the well moderated sites do a very good job providing legitimate information and also shutting down the irregular conversations that occur.