My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L.I.F.E. Program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcgehee

I am a Mason from Calif. and have never heard of your LIFE program you have in Texas.Could someone tell me about it?

Spring TX MM

Premium Member
I'll try to scan my life books into a PDF and send them. May be a week or so before I can get to it but I've been needing a good excuse to make a digital copy anyway. My lodge teaches the Lodge Instruction For Effectiveness program in a workshop forum. A lot of it pertains to TX GL forms, procedures and general administrative stuff but there are a lot of practical exercises in the books as well. Some include, budgeting, programs planning, committee planning and more. Its a 3 book course. The books are for preparing the JW, SW and WM to be in those positions but are also good for any MM that wants a better understanding of how the lodge operates from an administrative standpoint.

S&F,
Kyle

daddyrich

Brother rmcgehee, this sounds interesting for sure. If I had not been ill I would have been able to join my brothers from Upland/Mt. Baldy #419 when they visited your Lodge last week. I have heard only great things about you guys and hope to make the trip someday.

Spring TX MM

Premium Member
Just an FYI on scanning books into a PDF. This is a violation of copyright law and is a criminal offense (http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.pdf). Statutory damages 504(c)(2) are up to $150,000 if it can be proved you knowing violated the copyright.

Well first off, thanks for the info. Secondly, this would be about like scanning a document for your company that was written by your company for its employees and then distributing it to your employees. Make sense?

S&F,
Kyle

Last edited:

Observer

Sorry, but your analogy doesn't fit. You do not have permission from Grand Lodge to scan the document nor do you have permission to distribute it. This is a legal right reserved for Grand Lodge alone.

owls84

Premium Member
As always, if a member of our forum feels that something violates any rules, laws, etc. please use the little triangle in the bottom of the post or contact us at the top menu. This alerts the staff of the post and we can get it resolved quickly.

With that being said, I have personally spoke to the Grand Secretary when I was the Lodge Secretary and he told me they do allow copies to be mades and distributed of the LIFE and ALL program. That is why we have previously allowed distribution of these on this site. We have stopped the powerpoints of the degree slides and the pdfs of the law book because we have been told not to distribute them. If this has changed we would happily like to comply but many of us are still under the impression distribution of these programs are allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.