My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installation Tonight - I'll be Appointed Junior Warden

Scoops

So it's Installation tonight and I'll have finally made it to Junior Warden. The big chair in the East is looking awfully close now!

I'll also have the pleasure of giving the toast to the Visitors at the festive board. Often, this is used to tell a joke or two, but as I'm not really known for my comic timing I've decided to find appropriate masonic poetry. If anyone has any resources for this I would be most appreciative!

Bloke

Premium Member
Sorry Brother -I just saw this but a google search will always turn something up.

Hope the night went well ! (or it might be happening right now.

Not sure where it came from but:
"
Someone to blend the plaster,

Someone to carry the stone,

Neither the man nor the master,

Ever can build alone."

Bloke

Premium Member
And I like this one
"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything -- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. ... Stay hungry. Stay foolish."

Steve Jobs (February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011)

Scoops

Thank you very much @Bloke. The night was fantastic, if a bit long (tyled at 5.15pm and didn't leave the festive board before 10.30pm)

I found this Toast to the Visitors, which went down very well. Think I might have to do more research to keep this up for the whole year!

Bro. R. Mitchell

So it's Installation tonight and I'll have finally made it to Junior Warden. The big chair in the East is looking awfully close now!

I'll also have the pleasure of giving the toast to the Visitors at the festive board. Often, this is used to tell a joke or two, but as I'm not really known for my comic timing I've decided to find appropriate masonic poetry. If anyone has any resources for this I would be most appreciative!
A little humor I found. I do not own this joke, nor can I provide the original owner to provide ample credit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221010-070213_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221010-070213_Samsung Internet.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 203

MasonicWolverine

Congrats! I'm just taking my first steps towards becoming a Freemason, and will be attending an installation in a few weeks. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited.