My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm so old I can remember....

jwhoff

Premium Member
Inspector gadget
MSDos
Pepsi clear
Fago Cola
Big league chew
The Hartford whalers
Aqua
M*A*S*H
Nano pets
Chia pets

OH NO :48:!!!

I actually covered the Hartford Whalers of the old World Hockey Association in a former life!

I did say ... "I'll get back with you if I detect any developing trends." :blushing:

I REFUSE TO GET ANY OLDER! :31:

Last edited:

RedTemplar

Johnny Joe Combs
Premium Member
Home delivered milk
Fresh-churned butter
The smell of a moonshine still
an old country store baloney sammich
a swinging bridge
a hog killing
Dinner on the ground with hell, fire, and brimstone preaching.
people selling their vote for $2 and a pint of whiskey or if you were a good Christian woman some gingerbread would do.

RedTemplar

Johnny Joe Combs
Premium Member
Home delivered milk
Fresh-churned butter
The smell of a moonshine still
an old country store baloney sammich
a swinging bridge
a hog killing
Dinner on the ground with hell, fire, and brimstone preaching.
people selling their vote for $2 and a pint of whiskey or if you were a good Christian woman some gingerbread would do.

jwhoff

Premium Member
They called them "dinner on the ground with hell, fire, and brimstone preaching" Camp Meetings back home in Louisiana. They had to be non-denominational. I suppose all the local clergy got a slice of the take.

I think I remember being a little kid with a starched shirt and pants on, swinging my legs in those uncomfortable folding chairs, sweating my 'arse off, watching all those ladies "wagging their lips" and fanning themselves with those hand fans telling me to straighten up and be quiet.

Hell, I liked it better when I got a chance to slip off to the parking lot and listen to all the men talk about all the ladies gossiping and crap about the damn preacher going from town to town every time he heard the boy's had gotten a new paycheck. They all b*+@#ed about the mosquitoes but showed up every night for the show.

Ole T-Gib was a little "touched" in the head but had lots of stories and took us down to the bayou to cane poll fish and throw rocks at the turtles and snakes before it would get dark. They all said he was "touched," but he made considerably more sense to an elementary school kid that did that damn preacher.

Yep ... them was the days when the old folks hauled us city kids down to the bayou country during the hottest part of the summer to catch a little down home hell, fire, and brimstone every-night-go-to-meeting homecoming socials. Of course, this was before there was an Interstate 10 and every road was a two lane, bridge hopping, nightmare. I too remember sleeping up behind the back seat by the rear window. There were actually stars in those days!

I drift.

Still, it's always good to hear from you Red Templar. Go 'Cats!

Last edited:

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
I was walking through Wal-Mart today and they still sold CD players. I thought "WTF?" but immediately felt old.

crono782

Premium Member
Cheers
Danger Mouse
Gumby
Mr Rogers
Bob Ross
When Pat Sajak's hair was real.
5 1/4" floppy disks
ALF
the pilot episode of Star Trek: TNG
Excitebike

widows son

Premium Member
Def leopard
The dire straits
Rick astley
Cool runnings
The Cosby show
Viva puffs
Who wants to be a millionaire?
Rip Torn
Will smith's big willie style
SCTV

jwhoff

Premium Member
Red Hot Chilly Peppers
Presidents of the United States of America (prophetic hit: We're Not Going To Make it)

come on guys ... I had nieces and nephews in the day. :40:

crono782

Premium Member
When MTV showed music videos. ;P
All in the Family
Married with Children
Tales from the Crypt
Flintstones push pops
Planters Cheez Puffs
Creepy Crawlers
Snoopy sno-cone maker
Current Affair
21 Jump street
the NFL pencil craze

ThanatosTA

Premium Member
Linclon Logs
Lite Brite
Shag Carpet
The BeeGees
Those blow up boxing gloves
Watching Star Wars in the movie theater (The only way to watch movies at the time)
The Bananna Splits
REAL Saturday Morning cartoons
The original "Dark Shadows" series
Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots

BTW, this is a great post bupton52, thanks!

Last edited:

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
"Sky King"

"Highway Patrol" with Broderick Crawford

"Gunsmoke" & "Bonanza" when originally aired

The original "Three Stooges"

jvarnell

Premium Member
Did I ever see on this list Black and White TV. More especially with vice grips on the tunner because the nob broke.

widows son

Premium Member
Lol. It's funny cuz I had a tv that fits your description. I think everyone does or did. Anyway...

When Conan O'Brien wrote the Simpsons.
When I used to be able to buy smokes for my dad.
The never ending story.
In the heat of the night.
"Super-fly" Jimmy Snuka
El Camino's
Old UFC
Mr. Bean
True Romance.
The Mighty Morphing Power Rangers
DC and Marvel comic books from the 80's to the end of the 90's
When the Toronto Maple Leafs made the playoffs.
When the Bills won the Super Bowl
"By Mennon"