My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy St. John's Day Brothers!

Winter

Premium Member
1672142926000.png

Bloke

Premium Member
Trvia - The St John's don't get a mention in our Craft Lodges.. but hope you had a good day and Christmas :)

Bloke

Premium Member
Interesting. So, to whom are your lodged dedicated? Or do you not use that terminology?
Hello Bro Mark

We do not use the the terminology.. certainly not in our opening as I expect your workings do..

But just as Solomon dedicated the temple at Jerusalem to God's service, so would our lodges be so "dedicated", supported by Wisdom, Strength and Beauty... but no where does our Craft Lodges have "our lodges are dedicated to... " (and I am scanning my brain in the First Degree Tracing Board and Instalaltion Ritual and am 97.3 % sure I am right)

Keith C

And I will mention in Pennsylvania we only mention ONE St. John, St John the Evangelist on who's Saint's Day our Masonic Years begin and end.

Also our Lodges are not dedicated to St John but to God, they are "Held forth in memory" of St John.

MarkR

Premium Member
And I will mention in Pennsylvania we only mention ONE St. John, St John the Evangelist on who's Saint's Day our Masonic Years begin and end.

Also our Lodges are not dedicated to St John but to God, they are "Held forth in memory" of St John.
The little differences are indeed fascinating. Ours are erected to God and dedicated to the Holy Saints John.

Bloke

Premium Member
So...... let me get this right... you are saying PA has its own particular way of doing things masonicaly ? !

* feigns shock *

But seriouslly,... I wonder if there are other places where only one St John gets mentioned..