My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Collar?

Sk3tchNinja

I was passed this pasted Monday. Thats when I found out that my Master Mason degree will be performed by the Grand Lodge's "Gold Collar Team" at the end of February.

I'm curious to know if anyone has any experience with this or can further elaborate on what this means.

chrmc

Gold collars is usually what the officers of the GL wears, but haven't heard the term specifically. Maybe it'll be the whole Grand Line doing your degree?

Sk3tchNinja

That's what I was thinking. I'm hoping they're as impressive as my lodge when it comes to ritual. My boys are on point!

dfreybur

Premium Member
In some jurisdictions gold toned collars are traditionally reserve for GL officers so the team would be guys in district offices and up. In other jurisdictions gold collars are traditionally used for the most fancy events only like installation and official visit so the team would be especially fancy in less official ways. So the exact details vary by jurisdiction but one way or the other it means extra fancy.