My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freemasonry a bit like Facebook?

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
Good article. I wouldn't dare post it on the Winding Stairs, Facebook group though oddly enough.

LK600

Premium Member
well... as least it didn't seam negative. It also gave me possible insight into a specific area.

jermy Bell

I think not. Facebook is a place of misinformation, fraud, and fake people who has to post every personal aspect of their life. Ours is to keep certain things private and secret.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I think not. Facebook is a place of misinformation, fraud, and fake people who has to post every personal aspect of their life. Ours is to keep certain things private and secret.
The quote to which I think you refer:

"Over the years you build up relationships with people," says Michael. "We become friends.

"One person invites someone in and they generally know each other anyway.

"It's a bit like Facebook in that way. You will come across people you've met in the past, certainly if you've lived in the area for a number of years.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I think not. Facebook is a place of misinformation, fraud, and fake people who has to post every personal aspect of their life.
Not necessarily. I use Facebook to keep up with old friends. I also very much enjoy politics so I exchange views and ideas with my friends.